How is your mental health lately?

Princessmimi
This post was recognized by Princessmimi!

"What a great idea for a thread! :)"

Puppy was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

Hey guys, 

I’ve been working on my mental well being, it’s been a struggle of mine for the past couple of years and proud to say I’m making a lot of progress. I will admit it’s still not easy but I find it’s comforting to like minded individuals, how have you guys been? 

• Love 1

I moved back to ny from California for a job. It was a nightmare. Better money . Got let go after over 3 months because i could not focus . I spiraled moving back east . I was happy at my job in California. Yet left for better money . Now going to hope for the best and return west . My mental health suffered . Taking a few months off and traveling to see friends and family . 

Edited by Steve W
  • Like 1

I struggled with some anxiety and insomnia the past 10 years. Did the work in therapy and am on medication, that I managed to decrease to the absolute minimum dose. 
I am in great shape physically and that helps me a lot. Working out and eating healthy. Trying not to smoke cigarettes (sometimes I manage to quit for a month or so or smoke less) Also spending time with family and real friends, makes me feel grateful and that lifts my spirit most of the time.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I struggled with some anxiety and insomnia the past 10 years. Did the work in therapy and am on medication, that I managed to decrease to the absolute minimum dose. 
I am in great shape physically and that helps me a lot. Working out and eating healthy. Trying not to smoke cigarettes (sometimes I manage to quit for a month or so or smoke less) Also spending time with family and real friends, makes me feel grateful and that lifts my spirit most of the time.

I love to hear that, I really want to create this topic so all of us can keep motivating ourselves to get better. I used to be a moderator here and it was difficult for me to express myself without coming off as a whiny person. Now that I don’t have the title, like other mods, I felt a sight of relief to fully share how I am feeling.

I’ve been smoking a lot of w**d lately but like you trying my best not to smoke so much. 

I still live at home with my parents and siblings so despite wanting to move out, I should thankful that every day I get to see my family otherwise. 

Edited by Puppy
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Im dealing with a lot right now due to major stressors in my life and honestly feel VERY overwhelmed.

However i've been looking towards Spirituality and Religion.

Its been helping me and also i've been doing Yoga which is a great coping mechanism.

And I go to therapy which has saved my life and helped my mental health alot. 

Anyways I just hope that things get better for me and the year ends on a good note.

• Love 1

Since the Pandemia started, I’ve been strugling with anxiedy. I even had to make 2 heart surgeries during the pandemia and one of them was due to sedentary habits and anxiedy crises.

When the Pandemia ended, I was a little different, not very social. I was even bullied in a work place. So I started to be more and more reserved. But I exchanged jobs and I started my graduation course. I became more social when I met the nicest people in those places.

Something that happened with me, 2 years ago, my longtime friends didn’t understand all the changes that was happening to me. Once I was having a Panic attack, one of them yelled at me and everybody was on board with him. So I had to take myself back, but not without huge fights. After that, I was diagnosed with Boderline disorder.

With all the fights with my closest friends, I am feeling very alone, even though I still have my family and a few friends. 2 weeks ago was my birthday and everybody forgot. So I was kinda bad and depressed for some time. I have my ups and downs, but I have faith in myself to get throught all this.

Edited by B In The Mix
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, B In The Mix said:

Since the Pandemia started, I’ve been strugling with anxiedy. I even had to make 2 heart surgeries during the pandemia and one of them was due to sedentary habits and anxiedy crises.

When the Pandemia ended, I was a little different, not very social. I was even bullied in a work place. So I started to be more and more reserved. But I exchanged jobs and I started my graduation course. I became more social when I met the nicest people in those places.

Something that happened with me, 2 years ago, my longtime friends didn’t understand all the changes that was happening to me. Once I was having a Panic attack, one of them yelled at me and everybody was on board with him. So I had to take myself back, but not without huge fights. After that, I was diagnosed with Boderline disorder.

With all the fights with my closest friends, I am feeling very alone, even though I still have my family and a few friends. 2 weeks ago was my birthday and everybody forgot. So I was kinda bad and depressed for some time. I have my ups and downs, but I have faith in myself to get throught all this.

Happy Birthday

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Princessmimi said:

Im dealing with a lot right now due to major stressors in my life and honestly feel VERY overwhelmed.

However i've been looking towards Spirituality and Religion.

Its been helping me and also i've been doing Yoga which is a great coping mechanism.

And I go to therapy which has saved my life and helped my mental health alot. 

Anyways I just hope that things get better for me and the year ends on a good note.

I hope this helped a little.  It does worry me that you are also moderating as well, not sure how you can do it when most of us got burnt out. 

Yes I too been spiritual guidance so glad to not be alone! I should take up on yoga as well.

I’ve been journaling to cope but I find it better talking it out loud to someone. 

Glad you have such a positive outlook for this year, it helps remind me too :) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, B In The Mix said:

I don’t know what to say…I too felt those feelings. I can sympathize as that’s what lead me to create the topic, been feeling down and looking for like minded individuals to connect. So just want to let you know you got a friend to talk if you are feeling lonely :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I hope this helped a little.  It does worry me that you are also moderating as well, not sure how you can do it when most of us got burnt out. 

Yes I too been spiritual guidance so glad to not be alone! I should take up on yoga as well.

I’ve been journaling to cope but I find it better talking it out loud to someone. 

Glad you have such a positive outlook for this year, it helps remind me too :) 

Yeah it did and well I consider Exhale an escape from reality, so I try to detach as much as I can

even though sometimes it does hurt my feelings when people are rude to me on here or react strongly to me doing my job.

I'm just grateful to have a place I can go to when I need a break from my real life.

I agree, that's why I go to therapy.

Journaling sounds like a good idea.

I haven't done it but maybe I should if it helps. :) 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.