Is this *in a way* JT's 2007?

So I've been thinking lately and I don't want this to seem like I'm defending Justin. I HATE that man so much for what he did to Britney and Janet. But after the arrest idk how to feel, a part of me is happy but the other part of me feels a TINY bit of sympathy for him because he is obviously going through something. I mean it can't be easy having the media and a lot of the general public dislike and hate you, but i kinda feel like we are going about this all wrong. We are doing the exact same thing the media and the public did to Britney during 2007. Obviously, it wasn't easy for her, I feel Justin is finally getting his 2007 (In a way). Obviously, he got his karma and he has nobody to blame for his actions but himself but idk I just feel the way we are treating him after his arrest isn't very good, especially if the rumors are true that he is an alcoholic. Idk how to feel, tell me what ya'll think, also I'm by no means saying he doesn't deserve this! I just don't wanna get attacked in a way lol

• Love 2

Sorry, I have to disagree. Justin will never get the amount of vitriol Britney got in 2007. Everyone was cruel to her. And all for what? She wasn't a bad person, she didn't commit a horrible crime or killed someone. This poor woman was simply struggling and just trying to find her way and no one cared enough to show her an ounce of sympathy. Mental health issues were not viewed in an empathetic light back then (funny enough, I don't think they're viewed all that positively today either, but I guess it depends on what kind of issues one has) and people already had this preconceived notion of Britney being this beacon of moral corruption because she chose to dance on stage in crop tops, was too ****, not a good role model for girls, blah blah blah.

The difference now is that Justin has options that Britney did not and he can control the narrative. I mean he's been controlling it for nearly 20 years, he even has news anchors on daytime tv defending what he did lol. But Britney has a raucous night out and, like clockwork, everyone is immediately like 'she should be back in a conservatorship, her father was right'. So while this is definitely a bad look for him and he should probably get some help, in the end, he'll be fine. 

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Love 7
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

Sorry, I have to disagree. Justin will never get the amount of vitriol Britney got in 2007. Everyone was cruel to her. And all for what? She wasn't a bad person, she didn't commit a horrible crime or killed someone. This poor woman was simply struggling and just trying to find her way and no one cared enough to show her an ounce of sympathy. Mental health issues were not viewed in an empathetic light back then (funny enough, I don't think they're viewed all that positively today either, but I guess it depends on what kind of issues one has) and people already had this preconceived notion of Britney being this beacon of moral corruption because she chose to dance on stage in crop tops, was too ****, not a good role model for girls, blah blah blah.

The difference now is that Justin has options that Britney did not and he can control the narrative. I mean he's been controlling it for nearly 20 years, he even has news anchors on daytime tv defending what he did lol. But Britney has a raucous night out and, like clockwork, everyone is immediately like 'she should be back in a conservatorship, her father was right'. So while this is definitely a bad look for him and he should probably get some help, in the end, he'll be fine. 

Yeah, I agree with you! You make an excellent point, I just feel that we are treating him a little like his fans and some of the public treated Britney in 2007. But just a teeny bit. But thanks for getting me to see the light lol, I just felt kinda bad because it seems like he has some alcohol problems and needs help. But Thank you for not like attacking me lol

7 minutes ago, Markoct said:

Incomparable. Justin has actually done something wrong. Britney was miliciously set up to be condemened and taken advantage of.

You have a point! And I agree 100% but Justin may or may not have alcohol problems and maybe needs help, that's where I feel bad because if anybody needs help for alcohol or any other problems they shouldn't be bullied. 

I agree with what you said though of course it’s not as bad as what Britney had to go through and he’s lucky his child wasn’t used against him. I do have sympathy as I feel we gotta be the bigger person as Britney would’ve done.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, nowimstronger said:

Justin’s not going to have CPS called on him, lose custody of his kids, and fùck paparazzi. This is his first arrest and he most likely won’t mess up like this again. Totally different situation from Britney. 

Yes you are absolutely correct but it’s more over if he has alcohol problems (like the media is saying) and needs help he doesn’t deserve to be bullied. 

31 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I agree with what you said though of course it’s not as bad as what Britney had to go through and he’s lucky his child wasn’t used against him. I do have sympathy as I feel we gotta be the bigger person as Britney would’ve done.

Yes that’s another thing, I feel all this going on with Justin and how the fans are treating him, Britney wouldn’t like that considering that was her first love and has a special place in her heart for him. But I’m not putting all the blame on the B-army because JT fans do it as well. I’ve also noticed how when you bring up how Justin did Brit wrong and everything the talk about 2007 drama. But like you just said you wanted to forget it 🤔

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

Oh shut it please. Not only a few months ago was he saying he didn’t have anything to ******* apologize for. Little man child getting his long overdue just desserts? Good! 

Literally this.  I can tell OP has empathy for humanity. But where is Justin’s? He also chose to drink and drive, and  gets angry when finally called out for his behaviour. 

also Britney was stalked, harassed, bullied, and betrayed by everyone around her. Stalked by the parasitic paparazzi who couldn’t even let her move her car. Does Justin have any of that?  Who betrayed Justin? Literally nobody. His drinking and driving mugshot will be yesterday’s news before we know it. Will Britney ever be freed from conversations about her mental health and stability?

also in order for this to be his 2007 he’d actually have to be making relevant music. Blackout level. His 2007 was in 2007. He’s not going to contribute to any evolution of music any time soon  

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Not even close. A flopped album, some past Britney baby drama news and a DWI doesn’t make this a major breakdown. What Britney went through was way more mental and physiological. The woman just had enough and unfortunately the world watched and was not kind to her. The world tore this woman apart. Justin’s past is just coming back and he made a dumb decision. You can’t compare the situations. The world is just finally realizing he’s scum. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

Oh shut it please. Not only a few months ago was he saying he didn’t have anything to ******* apologize for. Little man child getting his long overdue just desserts? Good! 

You have an excellent point!! I just felt that if the rumors are true that he does have alcohol problems and needs help maybe we should be less harsh about his arrest cause that could harm him mentally. I am NOT saying we shouldn’t punish him for everything he did to Brit and this is his karma, but I feel a tiny bit of compassion for him (only if the alcohol addiction is true)

9 minutes ago, rik said:

Literally this.  I can tell OP has empathy for humanity. But where is Justin’s? He also chose to drink and drive, and  gets angry when finally called out for his behaviour. 

also Britney was stalked, harassed, bullied, and betrayed by everyone around her. Stalked by the parasitic paparazzi who couldn’t even let her move her car. Does Justin have any of that?  Who betrayed Justin? Literally nobody. His drinking and driving mugshot will be yesterday’s news before we know it. Will Britney ever be freed from conversations about her mental health and stability?

also in order for this to be his 2007 he’d actually have to be making relevant music. Blackout level. His 2007 was in 2007. He’s not going to contribute to any evolution of music any time soon  

You make an amazing point! He doesn’t have any remorse or compassion for what he did to Britney 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, stronger1992 said:

Not even close. A flopped album, some past Britney baby drama news and a DWI doesn’t make this a major breakdown. What Britney went through was way more mental and physiological. The woman just had enough and unfortunately the world watched and was not kind to her. The world tore this woman apart. Justin’s past is just coming back and he made a dumb decision. You can’t compare the situations. 

Yes I see where I went wrong with that. I just feel if the alcohol addiction the tabloids are saying is true and he needs help maybe we should be less harsh with his arrest. Just because that could cause him to get worse, but this is definitely his karma 💯 

No. There’s just no way he would survive Britney’s 2007. He’s not built for that. This is a man who cried after losing a basketball game to his gf.

This is just a blow to his ego and his little good guy image. Finally, after 20+ years, he’s starting to reap what he’s sowed. Good for him. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.