Why is it "Overprotected (Radio Edit)"? Is there an extended version of it?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Propagandalf said:

It's exactly so as summed up by yourself. 

As far as the lyrics go, I can confirm, it's the *win* version the correct one, since this was one of the topics on exhale not long ago, with a video snipped of Britney herself correcting the guy interviewing her. 

Do you have that video link?

Edited by Fita
44 minutes ago, Propagandalf said:

It's exactly so as summed up by yourself. As far as the lyrics go, I can confirm, it's the *win* version the correct one, since this was one of the topics on exhale not long ago, with a video snipped of Britney herself correcting the guy interviewing her. 

:ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: and here I am thinking it's 'with' 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's not. It's just that the digital song is mislabeled as Radio Edit when it's just the album version, but the actual radio edit on physical format doesn't have it.

Yes! And the Radio Edit is actually from this CD release:

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Like 3
20 minutes ago, Fita said:

not the album version (radio edit) :orangu_orangutan_ape:

confusing 

That's because it was a promo CD for the darkchild remix so they added Radio Edit of normal version as a bonus and labeled it as a Album Version. Normal version also have a promo CD on it's own but Radio Edit is not included on that one.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Propagandalf said:

The lyrics are also misspelled during the chorus:

Correct: What am I to do to *win* my life? (confirmed by Britney herself) 

Wrong: What am I to do *with* my life? (found everywhere online, even during the official lyric video with the Crossroads outtakes) 

I've always known it to be "to win my life" but I can see how some may have misunderstood it to be "with my life"

1 minute ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

I've always known it to be "to win my life" but I can see how some may have misunderstood it to be "with my life"

That with 'win' is new to me. 

I ran over to this video of an acapella of overprotected to see how did it actually sound like... And... I don't know if i'm suggesting myself but it sounds like 'win my life' to me.

Now the weird thing is that on both spotify and youtube the lyrics are with 'with'.

9 hours ago, Fita said:

That with 'win' is new to me. 

I ran over to this video of an acapella of overprotected to see how did it actually sound like... And... I don't know if i'm suggesting myself but it sounds like 'win my life' to me.

Now the weird thing is that on both spotify and youtube the lyrics are with 'with'.

Leave it to native English speakers - its 💯 win, babe.

Edited by ImmaSlave4U

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.