Leigh-Anne Releases First Solo EP

Posted (edited)

When will Leigh-Anne release No Hard Feelings?

Little Mix band member, Leigh-Anne, has released her first EP, "No Hard Feelings".  It doesn't include the first two solo singles she released, "Don't Say Love" and "My Love".  (The songs are hidden because i know when others post a ton of videos , it crashes my phone at time when loading.)

Tracklist:

1. Stealin' Love

Spoiler

2. Forbidden Fruit

Spoiler

3. OMG

Spoiler

4. Anticipate

Spoiler

5. I'll Still Be Here

Spoiler

In my opinion, it's not a bad start to a solo career, but it definitely feels like she doesn't know her own personal sound and she's throwing out songs to see what sticks.  

1. Stealin' Love 6/10   Vocally her best sounding song on the EP. The video is cheap and doesn't sell the song. The song is nice, but was never going to make impact on the radio or charts. 

2. Forbidden Fruit - 5.5/10   A nice mid tempo song. Could see it being a Rihanna reject. If the video had a budget and storyline, maybe I'd like it more. It's decent.

3. OMG - 5.5/10   This song sounds like a Tinashe song, but very album filler. I was surprised Danja produced this track. It's not bad. Very vibey, but I'm used to Danja giving bangers.

4. Anticipate - 6/10  This song reminds me of Tinashe again, so a collab on this song would've been fire. If she could've secured the Nashe collab, I would want this to be a single with video.

5. I'll Still Be Here - 6.5/10   To me, this is her strongest offering off the EP. It's a little mellow, but with a Radio Edit Mix that increases the tempo, this could be her closest song on the EP to make some radio impact. It's giving old school Janet Jackson. I think it wouldn't be a huge hit, but could be a sleeper hit at least in the American market.

Edited by MikeHunt
8 hours ago, troubleforyou said:

I think the scoring should be between 5-6 out of 10, not around the 8 marker. 8/10 should be reserved for really good songs, not just really good Leighanne songs. She needs to wait 5 years now for the Little Mix Reunion.

Edited. You’re right. I was basing my scoring on what she’s previously put out, and what I perceived was “good” for a Leigh Anne song. 

She was so eager and excited to put out her own music and it made it exciting as a LM fan to see what the girls would give us as solo artists. I feel like the excitement for her music died. I really did like Don’t Say Love, and thought she may just slay, but it’s like she got lost in the music making process. 

Really liked Perrie’s Forget About Us. Holding out hope that Jade will be the one to slay me with a banger and a fierce visual. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Edited. You’re right. I was basing my scoring on what she’s previously put out, and what I perceived was “good” for a Leigh Anne song. 

She was so eager and excited to put out her own music and it made it exciting as a LM fan to see what the girls would give us as solo artists. I feel like the excitement for her music died. I really did like Don’t Say Love, and thought she may just slay, but it’s like she got lost in the music making process. 

Really liked Perrie’s Forget About Us. Holding out hope that Jade will be the one to slay me with a banger and a fierce visual. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I’m ready for Jade’s drag queen anthems!

Thanks for editing. You’re sweet. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.