Jennifer Lopez releases 'On The 6 (25th Anniversary Edition)'

5 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I wish they would do this with Britney’s albums. 

Too bad they just don't care... This would be the year to do this with BOMT. We can only imagine it though. Maybe an album cover like this:

6682465cb1bfea79fa498e73b07e507a.jpg

or this:

42faa7c8df8c4bf2ac0ce8d4ec354e37.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I wish they would do this with Britney’s albums. 

I was just going to say. This was a neat srurpise - instrumentals and acapellas? I've always wanted a good, definitive release of instrumentals at least. Have done ever since I was a kid, as I was always obsessed with hearing the production beneath the vocals. Heck even hip hop artists release instrumental album counterparts, digitally as well as on vinyl. I just don't ever thing we'll get anyone managing her back catalogue and legacy in the way that it should've been done, the amount of stuff they could've added ont Spotify by now for instance.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Propagandalf said:

Very commendable to release the instrumentals and the acapellas of the singles. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

However, now having listened to the accapelas, I realize how weak her voice is and how much exceptional instrumentals can save an artist. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

That's the magic of production. I was shocked how weak the OIDIA song vocals were when I listened to the Ospina remixes, like, the choir and production really amped them up when the remixes reveal how underwhelming they are without reverb etc.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

That's the magic of production. I was shocked how weak the OIDIA song vocals were when I listened to the Ospina remixes, like, the choir and production really amped them up when the remixes reveal how underwhelming they are without reverb etc.

:cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile: wha? Let me pop in the maxi single OIDIA... :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Later edit:

I did and I get where you're coming from. I had the same feeling when I stumbled over the video of her recording Toxic. There were so many cuts of one single line... And Toxic being then all chopped and pasted together. 

Still think Britney has a much wider, much more colourful range that Jennifer will ever have.

Britney has fantastic instrumentals, especially the ones cut by Max Martin that's a fact, there's still no denying that Britney has a much more capable voice. 

I once read a scientific analysis of an expert on Britney's singing technique and was amazed how praise she got. 

Edited by Propagandalf
13 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

Ospina remixes? What's that?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.