Why Doesn’t Tate McRae Get Called Out For Her Costumes?

I wrote this in a different thread and thought it’d be interesting to get a larger response to this topic.

One thing I find interesting about her costumes is that she doesn’t get slút shamed for them online or in media the way Britney and Xtina did- heck even Miley. Shes just 20 and I was watching her tour diaries video that came out this week of last year’s tour and she still has a lot of little girls as fans. She did start off as a young, I believe 13year old YouTuber. So she’s doing the transition from teenager to woman thing, and it seems to be no issue. Even JoJo Siwa is getting backlash for her new image and music video for Karma as people are saying they don’t like her raunchier image and she’s the exact same age as Tate. The girls I mentioned before would’ve been ridiculed for wearing these costumes at 19/20 y.o.:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 1

Oh, she still gets sl** shamed, just not publicly. I had a friend literally demean her artistry because he wasn’t comfortable with it but mentioned the exes video to the likeness of dirty. They support Christina, but were very unpleasant about her. I personally love her and think it’s progress for there not to be any sl** shaming. We have learned from our mistakes, or at the very least, hope we do.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ItsSway said:

Oh, she still gets sl** shamed, just not publicly. I had a friend literally demean her artistry because he wasn’t comfortable with it but mentioned the exes video to the likeness of dirty. They support Christina, but were very unpleasant about her. I personally love her and think it’s progress for there not to be any sl** shaming. We have learned from our mistakes, or at the very least, hope we do.

Yeah perhaps the public as a whole are desensitized to this now. Like it’s been over 20 years ago since Britney and Legend X did this good girl gone bad thing in an attempt to claim their adulthood. But I was shocked it still happened for Miley and more surprising with JoJo Siwa. But the more I read and hear about JoJo, it’s not so much the raunchiness of it all but the cringe and try-hardness is what people have issues with. 

1 minute ago, FullyDattAndDatt3full said:

as i said before i think one reason is she carries it out well, she has a good sense of being a bit reserved and a bit naughty at the same time.

Yes, I think it’s a line girls like Aaliyah and Britney walked very well in their teens/early 20s. 

I would hope she wouldn’t, or at least not as much as the previous generations. The reason why stars like Britney or Miley got sl** shamed the way they did was because they became bonafide superstars who went through a radical change in their image at or before age 18.

Plus, I’d say Tate’s image is a lot more sporty rather than the Lolita-girl-next-door thing that Britney had going on.

Edited by BadBunny
3 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Because she’s not Britney Spears, no matter how much you try to prove otherwise. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Actually you are right, she's not. She's hot, combs her hair, looks flawless everywhere she goes, CAN DANCE and is not the trainwreck that Britney is right now :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Haha 3

I don't like her cause of the overs.xualising herself.

Her music videos are just too much, Britney, Madonna, Gaga, ... they all at least made it look creative with a story but with Tate it's just selling s.x for the sake of selling.

I get uncomfortable watching both her videos and Sabrina Carpenter's videos. IDK they look so young, I almost file like a s.x offender watching those music videos....really makes me feel awkward.

20 minutes ago, work said:

Actually you are right, she's not. She's hot, combs her hair, looks flawless everywhere she goes, CAN DANCE and is not the trainwreck that Britney is right now :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Nice try, but the OP asked why she’s not criticized for her stage costumes like Britney WAS. Britney in her prime was heavily scrutinized for her revealing costumes (think VMAs 2000 bodysuit). We aren’t discussing her hair in her downtime or her dancing abilities.

Please focus.:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Edited by Emil87
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, OneLife said:

Have you recently seen the photos that Cardi, Nicky, Beyonce, etc. post to promote their music? Tate has less exposed skin than they do..

Let’s not even discuss their lyrics. No way Tate or even Britney could get away with a lyric like “he Monica lewinskyed all on my gown”. But of course Queen Bey gets a pass. 🙄 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
On 4/6/2024 at 6:01 PM, everybodygoesdown said:

Britney paved the way for ALL of these girls.

They can dress like this because Britney carried the torch and payed the price for decades.

This x 100. Britney ran so all these girls can walk.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.