Dua Lipa teases ‘Houdini’

CentralCJ

Love it and love her.  Gotta say though, it does sound a little disappointing.  As amazing and catchy as it sounds, it does sound like the stuff from her last album.  I’d prefer something fresh and innovative, but I guess she’s taking the Katy Perry route of if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  Hope she’s careful though, that approach eventually backfired on Katy.  Still excited to hear the full version.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, G-unit said:

Love it and love her.  Gotta say though, it does sound a little disappointing.  As amazing and catchy as it sounds, it does sound like the stuff from her last album.  I’d prefer something fresh and innovative, but I guess she’s taking the Katy Perry route of if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  Hope she’s careful though, that approach eventually backfired on Katy.  Still excited to hear the full version.

Well except she's continuously said in interviews the new album sounds different from Future Nostalgia ddd

• Like 1
1 hour ago, G-unit said:

But this is broken. At least, 80% of the people are tired of this kind of sound. (Before anyone talks about Dance the Night Away, it was only popular because of the Barbie movie without it, I bet it would have flopped).

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

How's it going, worstie? :bouncey: I saw M in Stockholm 2 weeks ago and forgot to tell you about it. :bouncey: I hope she doesn't cancel the North American leg, and you get to see her too. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Omg amazing!!! How was it?? I’m fighting w my mom rn so I’m like actually not sure if she will still wanna go. Here’s to crying

16 hours ago, rik said:

I’m fighting w my mom rn so I’m like actually not sure if she will still wanna go. Here’s to crying

Get a friend to go w/ you, omg. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Omg amazing!!! How was it??

SPOILERS AHEAD! She was almost 2 hours late, but there was, thankfully, no curfew like in the UK, so we got to experience the whole thing. I don't think they'd done soundcheck because there was something wrong with the sound (namely the fact that everything sounded pitched up, lowkey serving 2005 chipmunk cover realness). Also, it was way too loud, so I could barely make out what she or Bob were saying. Other than that, it was great - I loved the setlist (except for the absence of "Frozen"), and the light design/engineering was incredible. It was a good mix of hits and more obscure songs, such as:

My only complaint would be too much edging - some of the songs ended way too soon. I was like, "ONE LAST CHORUS, PLEASE!!!" sooo many times (specifically when it came to "Hung Up" and "Like a Prayer"). :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: I'm really glad she performed "Live to Tell" in full, though. It was already a top 3 M song that never fails to give me chills, but the show really gave it a new meaning. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: The tributes in general were very thoughtful. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: It was also cool how she spotlighted her children and their talents, and "Vogue" was so much fun (despite many fans saying they butchered the song). :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

@i sometimes sing live @rik DUA DID IT WITH THIS SONG OMG. The last 30 seconds >>>>

It's cute. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white: After her press run teasing the new album, I was kinda expecting something different, but if you think about it, it makes complete sense as a transition from "Future Nostalgia" to "DL3". I'm sure we'll get grittier songs (as promised) on the album, and I'll always applaud her for her dedication and willingness to improve. She doesn't whine when criticized - she just gets better.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.