20 years ago Britney & Madonna released ‘Me Against The Music’

CentralCJ

• Content Curators

This global hit marked Britney’s first-ever female collaboration and debuted at #1 in Australia, Denmark, Hungary, Ireland, and Spain. It also peaked at number two in Canada, Greece, Italy, Norway, and the UK.

It was recently named one of the greatest songs of 2003 by Billboard. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Wow its been 20 years since the ITZ era started??
That's crazy!

Btw why did it peak high in other countries yet in the US, it peaked at #35? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

America always had a hated relationship when it came to Britney. I remember being younger and always seeing negative things about her and her ***uality on the American news and could never understand why they wanted to tear her down when she released Slave 4 U

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, TwiggyStardust said:

America always had a hated relationship when it came to Britney. I remember being younger and always seeing negative things about her and her ***uality on the American news and could never understand why they wanted to tear her down when she released Slave 4 U

I agree.

America was always judging her and scrutinizing her for how she dressed and what she did in performances/videos when there were other female singers who were more provocative than her.

Like seriously Christina Aguilera during her entire career even with her debut era,

was WAY more sxual than Britney ever was yet Christina did not get the same backlash as Britney did.

10 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I agree.

America was always judging her and scrutinizing her for how she dressed and what she did in performances/videos when there were other female singers who were more provocative than her.

Like seriously Christina Aguilera during her entire career even with her debut era,

was WAY more sxual than Britney ever was yet Christina did not get the same backlash as Britney did.

I agree. They wanted to pit two young women against each other and needed one to be better than the other. The vocal spectrum of Xtina allowed her to kind of triumph in the general public’s eye as “the good girl who is okay to be **** because she actually sings live” where Britney became the “how dare she show her stomach and pierced belly button, she can’t sing and she is going to turn our children into sinners”. It was such a weird time and I’ve never seen anything like it since. 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, TwiggyStardust said:

I agree. They wanted to pit two young women against each other and needed one to be better than the other. The vocal spectrum of Xtina allowed her to kind of triumph in the general public’s eye as “the good girl who is okay to be **** because she actually sings live” where Britney became the “how dare she show her stomach and pierced belly button, she can’t sing and she is going to turn our children into sinners”. It was such a weird time and I’ve never seen anything like it since. 

Yeah i'm glad that female singers aren't treated like that anymore. 

I guess it had to take Britney and how she was treated for people to stop doing that to modern female popstars now.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.