Felicia Culotta was 'scared' to talk and even say the word "conservatorship" according to August 2022 NYT Journalist interview

9 hours ago, pieceofphil said:

To be honest I don't think Felicia is the brightest candle on the cake and very obedient. So I kinda think she's genuinely not had the capability to grasp the concept of Britney being exploited. But I could be wrong.

this

I would rarely stick out my neck for someone I don't know personally, but even though I only met Felicia twice, it was enough to know how genuinely sweet she was, and as you say, it's enough to see any of her interviews / appearances to also see she isn't precisely the brightest, and I say that as respectfully as it can be.

Anyone that dares to think Felicia is this evil person that was somehow trying to take advantage of the situation, or enjoying seeing Britney suffer, or that she had the power to end the conservatorship and deliberately decided to do nothing, it's clearly people that have never met her. She's no Robin (who I've met too), nor Lou or anyone else from Team Con. Putting her in that group is just unfair.

If Britney is mad with her, is probably because of the documentary, and even she referred to her and Tish as the "people she loved the most", so she's not mad at her because she thinks she's a bad person, all the opposite, it hurt her because she loved her. That's Britney's point of view though, there may be a lot of things she doesn't know like when she talked about her dancers not inviting her to parties and then the dancers coming up with their side of the story, leading up to Britney eventually deleting that post.

Thing is Team Con affected more than just Britney. They weren't just torturing her, but they were in charge of many other people too, and to have her isolated they had to manipulate the others too, including the crew, the media and even the fans, and maybe that's the part that Britney can't see or believe.

That's why I've said since the beginning that I think she should've written her book after speaking with more people that were near her and the conservatorship, because I feel like there still must be a lot of misunderstandings or loose ends. She may still not forgive them and doesn't have to become best friends with all of them if she doesn't want to, but in general, not just because it's Britney, it's never the best to assume you know everything without corroborating your thoughts with someone that was also there in a certain situation.

Still, I'm interested to see what's Britney's point of view of everything, but I feel like if she goes in detail about specific moments of the conservatorship, we're gonna have this domino effect of a lot of people coming out telling their other side of the story, giving a clearer picture of what really happened.

• Like 1

i don’t know, i feel like the whole sweet stuff is a act. if other people who worked for britney during the conservatorship knew what was going on there is no way she didn’t. i truly think everybody loved abusing britney and getting money for it. there is a reason why britney doesn’t talk to her now, and there is a reason felicia is still friends with lynne. sorry but i don’t buy it.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

this

I would rarely stick out my neck for someone I don't know personally, but even though I only met Felicia twice, it was enough to know how genuinely sweet she was, and as you say, it's enough to see any of her interviews / appearances to also see she isn't precisely the brightest, and I say that as respectfully as it can be.

Anyone that dares to think Felicia is this evil person that was somehow trying to take advantage of the situation, or enjoying seeing Britney suffer, or that she had the power to end the conservatorship and deliberately decided to do nothing, it's clearly people that have never met her. She's no Robin (who I've met too), nor Lou or anyone else from Team Con. Putting her in that group is just unfair.

If Britney is mad with her, is probably because of the documentary, and even she referred to her and Tish as the "people she loved the most", so she's not mad at her because she thinks she's a bad person, all the opposite, it hurt her because she loved her. That's Britney's point of view though, there may be a lot of things she doesn't know like when she talked about her dancers not inviting her to parties and then the dancers coming up with their side of the story, leading up to Britney eventually deleting that post.

Thing is Team Con affected more than just Britney. They weren't just torturing her, but they were in charge of many other people too, and to have her isolated they had to manipulate the others too, including the crew, the media and even the fans, and maybe that's the part that Britney can't see or believe.

That's why I've said since the beginning that I think she should've written her book after speaking with more people that were near her and the conservatorship, because I feel like there still must be a lot of misunderstandings or loose ends. She may still not forgive them and doesn't have to become best friends with all of them if she doesn't want to, but in general, not just because it's Britney, it's never the best to assume you know everything without corroborating your thoughts with someone that was also there in a certain situation.

Still, I'm interested to see what's Britney's point of view of everything, but I feel like if she goes in detail about specific moments of the conservatorship, we're gonna have this domino effect of a lot of people coming out telling their other side of the story, giving a clearer picture of what really happened.

THIS!

I met Fe twice, once casually at the Circus tour in September 2009 and again in Vegas. She is by far one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Some people just give you "warm nurturing" vibes and that is exactly what I got from her. She greeted me as if we were best friends and I could immediately see how genuine she was in her approach. To me, her love for Britney extends to her fans because she knows and understands what they mean to Britney, so she treats us with open arms.

Sadly, I can see how people could take advantage of that too.

People want to sit back and blame everyone for Britney's situation and point fingers at people for "not doing enough." Frankly, that really pisses me off because it's not for you to decide what "enough" is. You don't know the complexities of their relationships or extent of the situation to pass that type of judgement. 

I myself have been in situations where someone needs help and there's only so much you can do. You can't let someone else's situation consume you because at the end of the day, you still have your own life to live and look out for. To think that some fans expected (and still expect) that those around Britney treat her like a Goddess as if only her life and priorities matter is beyond me. Sometimes you have to step back and say "I love this person, I've done what I think I can do, but I've gotta step away now." That's just life and you can't be everyone's savior. 

I also have met and know Tish Yates (Britney's former wardrobe designer) and she too could not be nicer. If y'all only knew these people, you'd see how wrong you all are for the things you say about them. But again, not really for me to change your minds. Y'all can stay miserable blaming everyone else while some of us who are lucky enough to have some form of insight, know the truth behind some of the curtains.

Edited by Sia

One thing is true, nobody who spoke in the documentary had the power to free Britney. She now has a high-powered lawyer who is fighting for free after the initial work because her father and his cohort have still not handed over proper financial records. The trial about all that money is 2 1/2 years after she was freed!!! Proper paperwork should have been handed over in January 2022 at the latest! 

There is an intricate web of deceit around the finances, which were the main reason for the conservatorship.

On a personal level, all throughout the years, Britney was lied to, the people who worked closely with her were lied to. Britney did not know they were lied to as the dancers confirmed. It went into details to the point where Robin controlled Sushi, shoes, champagne bottles, the room where Britney spent time before her performances, whether her children could visit with her on her birthday, an endless list of lies and pettiness.

Sia, you say you have insight, care to share some of it?

Edited by Hamelia

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.