"By sharing these unbelievably embarrassing sad stories . . . I deserve to tell them, but I won’t. You know why? I don’t want to show them I’m upset, just like I’ve been dead to my family for 15 years, they are dead to me as well." - ...why the shame?

Lola2790

9 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

...this old post of Britney's really struck me today.

Why do you think she feels shame in opening up about her abusers? Shouldn't all the shame fall on the abusers?

Depending on what was said and done, Britney could have shame. It could be around "How could I fall for that?", "Why didn't I fight back sooner, or more aggressively?", "Why did I believe them?", "Why me?". Team Con did seem to punish and shame Britney for stuff, so it can be internalized. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Richie said:

I'm just tired of people judging britney every day like she isn't a human. just log off there are a hundred celebrities with perfect instagram perfect stories told by their PR team, go and listen to a Taylor Swift album and hate one of her exes, or Olivia Rodrigo, idk. I'll take something real any day over something manufactured to capitalize on personal pain. Real pain is hard to read specially from victims, if you don't like it just unfollow or log off. 

100%

• Love 3
10 hours ago, BadBunny said:

I’m sorry but half of this was word salad and sounds nothing more than an incohesive journal entry that was written in the heat of a moment. She also sounds like she has a lot of misdirected anger and unresolved miscommunication that made her think that people were out to her. Maybe an episode of psychosis? Regardless, some things should also be kept private but I understand that she likes to use her socials as an outlet. Wishing her well.

LOL. This is way too coherent to be psychosis. Nice try to spin it though. It’s called a trauma response baby. Do your research 

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

...this old post of Britney's really struck me today.

Why do you think she feels shame in opening up about her abusers? Shouldn't all the shame fall on the abusers?

Its that southern up ringing of never letting anyone see how ****ed up your family really is. Britney has always been told to be a nice, polite and pretty young lady. Now into adulthood, that clashes with her. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

I think it's very funny that some of yall are bothered by her "bashing" her own religion when in fact being a *******ual is a SIN in said religion. LMAO 

Not everyone in the forum has the same preferences, I'm sure there are straight members, and bi members ect.

There are even female members in the forum, instead of grouping everyone together as if you been in everyone's bed, see the light honey. 

• Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.