Britney doesn't run her own social media accounts

Speaking as a Music Industry Studies major:

Why do people see this as an issue? A celebrity would have SO many things to focus on if they tried to run literally everything in their lives, ESPECIALLY musicians. The fact that she is able to do Instagram videos is actually impressive. There is no issue with her having someone run her social media for her; this is obviously as long as it is not in a malicious way such as with the conservatorship.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

Speaking as a Music Industry Studies major:

Why do people see this as an issue? A celebrity would have SO many things to focus on if they tried to run literally everything in their lives, ESPECIALLY musicians. The fact that she is able to do Instagram videos is actually impressive. There is no issue with her having someone run her social media for her; this is obviously as long as it is not in a malicious way such as with the conservatorship.

The reason why people get kind of „mad“ when they hear that another person is in charge of a social media account is because social media accounts have the purpose to create „intimacy“. Even though it‘s mostly used as a promotional tool, the intimacy is still an underlying thing. As a follower you have a feeling of a bigger deeper connection = parasocial relationship. Of course it‘s just an illusion, but people want to live in that illusion, they don‘t want to know who is in charge, as long as it looks like the artists themselves are doing all the work. Posts don‘t feel as authentic, real and personal anymore, if people know for a fact that they are being posted by other people. At the end of the day nobody really knows whats going on, but honestly it‘s really interesting to see how different celebrity social media accounts can be :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I have a degree (media studies) too :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Edited by cocodeluxe
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, cocodeluxe said:

The reason why people get kind of „mad“ when they hear that another person is in charge of a social media account is because social media accounts have the purpose to create „intimacy“. Even though it‘s mostly used as a promotional tool, the intimacy is still an underlying thing. As a follower you have a feeling of a bigger deeper connection = parasocial relationship. Of course it‘s just an illusion, but people want to live in that illusion, they don‘t want to know who is in charge, as long as it looks like the artists themselves are doing all the work. Posts don‘t feel as authentic, real and personal anymore, if people know for a fact that they are being posted by other people. At the end of the day nobody really knows whats going on, but honestly it‘s really interesting to see how different celebrity social media accounts can be :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I have a degree (media studies) too :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

No you are absolutely correct, and this is part of why when people do have their media run by others they should never reveal it. I think the problem here is that Britney was in a (mostly) impossible situation. Her conservatorship happening caused everyone to question everything, and because of that mostly everything is being viewed through a lense of not being intimate, which is a shame.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

No you are absolutely correct, and this is part of why when people do have their media run by others they should never reveal it. I think the problem here is that Britney was in a (mostly) impossible situation. Her conservatorship happening caused everyone to question everything, and because of that mostly everything is being viewed through a lense of not being intimate, which is a shame.

I also think there's a difference between someone who is not tech savvy and/or can't be bothered so they hire someone to run their accounts while still giving final approval vs. someone who basically just outsources it. I think Britney probably records lots of videos and keeps them in her phone, then when she feels like posting, sends it to whoever runs her account with a caption and lets them post it. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block