What are your thoughts on The Weeknd's 'The Idol'? Have you watched it?

I liked it! It horrified me but I do love horror.  It was not made to be pleasant, clearly. 

I disliked the ending, to me it just didn’t make sense. Lots of it didn’t make sense really, but the cinematography was incredible and no expense was spared (except for the script holes in the plot, they definitely spent that part of the budget on coke).

the music was cool! 

I believed The Weeknd’s character was a dirty dog, so maybe people are being a bit too harsh on him about his acting. 
lily rose Is a brave and talented actor, just like her father. I’m now a big fan of hers. 

Definitely influenced by Britney and Selena (maybe it’s based on The Weeknd and Selena’s brief romance) 

yes, it’s made for teenage boys to fapp to, and creepy men. So is euphoria. Whatever.  

it’s become trendy to hate this show, but I’m happy it exists. Maybe people were horrified with themselves because they secretly enjoyed the journey of this show (except the ending).

Even though it’s popular to hate it, everyone watched it so it is deemed a success. Studios don’t care about opinions, just viewing numbers. The sheer amount of YouTube opinion and analysis videos alone prove that it was watched A LOT.  
The Idol Kiss GIF by HBO

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.