What do you think about Britney and will.i.am's new collab "Mind Your Business?"

Britney and will.i.am's new song ''Mind Your Business''   

1,129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On first listen I wasn't really sure what to make of it, but after a few spins, I like it. It might wear out pretty quickly given its repetitiveness though. 

I feel like they saw how well Padam Padam did for Kylie and realised they had an unserious bop leftover from the S&S sessions and figure if Brit isn't going to promote it they can let TikTok do the heavy lifting. I think it will do well on socials and in the gay clubs. Who knows outside of that.

• Like 1

It starts off quite awkward. Mind your bizzness *squicky soft mouse voice* beeeeach. 

The song should have started at :29. These parts sound amazing! Then, when she says, "Mind your business *****" again, it sounds stronger but still sounds unconfident. 

If it were reworked, it would sound more cohesive. I almost feel like Will.i.am wanted Britney to sound bad on some parts, so he stands out (narcissist). Kinda like how Elton John reworked the track to make him stand out more when it was quite obvious a stand-alone track with Britney only singing would have been better.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dave92 said:

Serious question. How can some of you tell if the vocals sound new or old? I mean, I can barely tell if they’re AI generated or not, so whether they’re newly recorded or not? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

It's true they're heavily processed so it's hard to tell. However, her vocals does not sound close to 'Hold Me Closer' in the slightest and they were also processed as hell. So that makes me doubt they're new, but I cannot confirm if they are 2013 vocals or AI generated. I do feel the part at around 1:14 sounds pretty close to 'body ache' vocal style so that part is 100% 2013 imo. And we know how 2013 recording sessions went... :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Edited by pablitonizer
1 minute ago, pablitonizer said:

It's true they're heavily processed so it's had to tell. However, her vocals does not sound close to 'Hold Me Closer' in the slightest and they were also processed as hell. So that makes me doubt they're new, but I cannot confirm if they are 2013 vocals or AI generated. I do feel the part at around 1:20 sounds pretty close to 'body ache' vocal style so that part is 100% 2013 imo. And we know how 2013 recording sessions went... :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

lol it’s all so heavily edited that the vocals might as well be from 1986… or from a week ago. It’s not like Luv The Hurt Away or something where you can totally say it’s old. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dave92 said:

lol it’s all so heavily edited that the vocals might as well be from 1986… or from a week ago. It’s not like Luv The Hurt Away or something where you can totally say it’s old. 

True! Like I said I cannot confirm, but I can't deny it

I also feel the part that starts at around 2.19 are vocals from a complete different song. Those vocals go out of tempo as if they belong to another rhythm or something, again I cannot confirm but that part sounds off and even more produced than the part at 1.15 so... :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.