Queen of Country Pop Taylor Swift Becomes First Woman in History to Have Four Albums in the Top 10 Simultaneously, as ‘Speak Now’ Has Huge Debut at No. 1 Moving Over 700,000 Units

Impressive number of course, but I wonder how many PEOPLE those 700,000 copies actually represent. She's been releasing each product in different variants for years now, and her fan base is mostly young white rich people. So yeah, Queen of Capitalism I guess.

PS: And now that we're at it, I would like to remind you all that fake US Britney fans only bought 111,000 copies of Glory the first week of release, so apart from Taylor having a massive loyal fanbase, the Britney Army SUCKS. Shame on you.

Edited by bitbitboi
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Personally not my cup of tea but it really Is wild  how she can put up such massive numbers on albums that have already been released. Very dedicated fan base 

Very impressive indeed. I’m not even a fan but I give my hat off to her for not only her insane work ethic but how diligent she is with her craft.  

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Impressive number of course, but I wonder how many PEOPLE those 700,000 copies actually represent. She's been releasing each product in different variants for years now, and her fan base is mostly young white rich people. So yeah, Queen of Capitalism I guess.

PS: And now that we're at it, I would like to remind you all that fake US Britney fans only bought 111,000 copies of Glory the first week of release, so apart from Taylor having a massive loyal fanbase, the Britney Army SUCKS. Shame on you.

She had 507,000 in pure sales alone which in 2023 is insane. 

The thing about Taylor is that she’s been able to mature and develop as an artist while keeping her core audience in tact. As an artist, Britney wasn’t consistent and therefore her core audience went through a transition in the 2010s. The reality is that many people who were once big Britney fans have either moved on or don’t care about her the way they used to in the 2000s.

• Love 1
Just now, Joshyworld said:

Knee’s stans aren’t any better 😭

haha yeahhhh I worried this when posting 😂 I’m certainly not like that.

While I love Britney’s art, I’m not going to buy it over and over and over and over again as TS’s lil cult is infamous for doing, forever eating her victimizing ***. 

Regardless, I do wish this stan aspect would die, as it does nobody any favors, aside the capitalization of the artist, which TS particularly adores. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Literally ever big artist does this, not just Taylor. The difference is that she can actually sell them, so people like to create a negative/false narrative around this. It’s so dumb of people to try to bring her down because she is a smart business women. Take a breath and let it go. She IS the music industry so just enjoy instead of remaining bitter. It’s much more fun. 😎

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nate b said:

Literally ever big artist does this, not just Taylor. The difference is that she can actually sell them, so people like to create a negative/false narrative around this. It’s so dumb of people to try to bring her down because she is a smart business women. Take a breath and let it go. She IS the music industry so just enjoy instead of remaining bitter. It’s much more fun. 😎

I'm not bitter, I was just emphasizing that she's the music INDUSTRY... Not so much the music. And I do have lots of fun! Just with other artists haha

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.