Beyonce reschedules Renaissance shows due to production logistics and scheduling issues

On 7/5/2023 at 9:37 PM, jordeezus said:

I hope she has recovered from her injury by then. I think she will get backlash for performing in America the way she has been performing overseas. We shall see. 

Lol, she could piss on stage and people would still say she's the queen B.

She's queen overrated. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Midnights said:

Lol, she could piss on stage and people would still say she's the queen B.

She's queen overrated. 

But but literally the same logic could be applied to any established icon. Beyoncé can do that because her legacy is set, and she will always have a legion of fans who recognize her talent. Her performances are incredibly electrifying and really have been in the last 10 years especially. You need to realize what she’s done for people of colour, and in particular Black people in terms of representation and entertainment. If she’s not your cup of tea that’s a whole other thing, but I do think her talent speaks for itself 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
48 minutes ago, River Red said:

But but literally the same logic could be applied to any established icon. Beyoncé can do that because her legacy is set, and she will always have a legion of fans who recognize her talent. Her performances are incredibly electrifying and really have been in the last 10 years especially. You need to realize what she’s done for people of colour, and in particular Black people in terms of representation and entertainment. If she’s not your cup of tea that’s a whole other thing, but I do think her talent speaks for itself 

Talent? She can sing yes but she can't write a song and half her music videos/performances are stolen from others. She didn't get the nickname Thiefonce for nothing...

Her clothing line flops, so as far as talent goes, it's limited to singing and showing her body.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, Midnights said:

Talent? She can sing yes but she can't write a song and half her music videos/performances are stolen from others. She didn't get the nickname Thiefonce for nothing...

Her clothing line flops, so as far as talent goes, it's limited to singing and showing her body.

1. She can dance her *** off and in 2023 is arguably better at dancing than everyone from her generation that started off dancing. This is a large reason for people’s obsession with her performances 

2. Does it really matter if Beyoncé can write alone or not? She has co written a lot and Britney has had similar criticisms, hence the Early Morning backlash and the entirety of the Britney Jean album. Also let’s be real, beyond In the Zone and Glory, Britney has not been known for her songwriting even though she has the ability to. The same can be said for Beyoncé. You don’t need to be able to write songs to make it, and you don’t have to be the songwriter of a song for it to be your own. It’s pop music. 

3. Beyoncé is a capitalist regardless, and that comes with its set of issues. Regardless, so is literally every single celebrity, even the ones whose human rights were stripped from them. I am not surprised that Beyoncé has had similar choreography to others in addition to samples being used without asking the artist but getting approval from the producers (a la Kelis issue). This is a huge problem and has gone on for quite literally, decades in the music industry… but  I find it interesting that people get so worked up just because Beyoncé is successful at doing the same thing. I don’t see Dua Lipa getting the same backlash for Levitating being a blatant copy, legally or in the public masses.

I also feel like, there are Aaliyah fans who claim the 2001 VMA snake concept was pulled from We Need a Resolution, it doesn’t make it true that Britney copied her though. I don’t think anyone is trying to copy or steal from anyone concisouky and if they are, then let’s keep the same energy for everyone who gets inspiration from somewhere  

besides, I don’t even think the large issue is Beyoncé herself, there is cult like worship from many fandoms.  

Edited by River Red
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Midnights said:

Lol shes a vocalist. So, yeah, her talent is singing lol WTF. Yall hate her so much yall dont recognize how ridiculous y'all sound lol. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.