Let's discuss, the actual queen of Country Pop, Shania Twain

Taylor swift for everything she did in her amazing career, can't touch what Canadian country artist Shania twain did in the 90s.

Women weren't allowed to do what Shania did, showed her midriff,  write her catalog do all types of music.  

The Nashville Purists had a huge problem with Shania, not only did she do a glass ceiling with her image, working with Robert John "Mutt " Lange was definitely taboo and controversial , especially considering he was hard Rock..

Not country. 

Only female act to have 3 back to back diamond albums..

Her 1997 album "Come on over" with 40 Million sold worldwide is the best selling female album of any genre and best selling country album, that's also the same for the United States. 

Only female to have a double diamond album..20X platinum,  Alanis might have had it locked at the end of the 90s according to Billboard but overtime Come on over kept selling.

It's the 9th best selling album in the US and part of the the top ten selling album's worldwide. 

Her latest album went top ten on the billboard 200, but number 2 on top album sales and top country album's charts. 

But number one in her native Canada and a few European markets including the UK. Where people were aggressively trying to get Raye to number one in the uk as she's an independent artist, but Shania virtually was everywhere In the UK. Release week. 

With 100 Million albums sold worldwide , she's the top selling country artist of all time.  

Edited by Spicechinodiva
  • Love 2

Iconic 

I have more to say but not in the mood to share lol… so I will say as a Canadian who grew up in the 90s Shania was bigger than all the 90’s acts here and was a fav for country fans and pop fans alike ….I even saw a cover Shania in 1999 at a local music venue with my mom and the crowd was WILD even knowing it was a cover artist lol good times and great memories… man I feel like a woman 👩 hehe 

1 hour ago, BlurredLover said:

Iconic 

I have more to say but not in the mood to share lol… so I will say as a Canadian who grew up in the 90s Shania was bigger than all the 90’s acts here and was a fav for country fans and pop fans alike ….I even saw a cover Shania in 1999 at a local music venue with my mom and the crowd was WILD even knowing it was a cover artist lol good times and great memories… man I feel like a woman 👩 hehe 

Someone said it was this sassiness and fun vibes. 

People are really thinking she changed, she really didn't..

More country album's are being labeled explicit now cos it's evolved. 

I love her response to James cordoned why is queen of me explicit (for one song only, in the 90s that would never had happened)

I have no ******* clue what you're talking about.  

To me it seemed she always cussed like that, but she knew at the time you couldn't do that in her genre.  

7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Someone said it was this sassiness and fun vibes. 

People are really thinking she changed, she really didn't..

More country album's are being labeled explicit now cos it's evolved. 

I love her response to James cordoned why is queen of me explicit (for one song only, in the 90s that would never had happened)

I have no ******* clue what you're talking about.  

To me it seemed she always cussed like that, but she knew at the time you couldn't do that in her genre.  

Agreed. Lol ❤️

PS .. 

“I think it’s just a song”… Britney Spears (2016)

don’t take it so seriously lol 😝 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.