Sam Smith breaks the Internet with new photo for Perfect magazine

I mean it’s just a matter of opinion, would this picture offend me if it were Britney? No, I’d say she was a fierce *****. 

if this offends you because of gender, then what does that say about you? Don’t look at it. Is it because of the fat and exposed areas of the body that don’t look toned to hell and/or shaved and all? I mean… that’s just how a lot of bodies look. If Sam doesn’t want to try and fit your standards, should they just stay under a pile of blankets? 

However it does seem Sam is seeking attention for attentions sake at this point. Go on Drag Race and show your *** and then adjust your behavior and such to the appropriate time and place. This doesn’t just apply to Sam Smith though, far from it. Jesus who am I today? 😅😭

Edited by thegrove

I wonder what his intended public response with this is...

And I wonder if he walks around the streets and tells people "I love it doggystyle while being naked and bandaged" out of nowhere.

:wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

And just because some men and women pose somewhat similarly like this, doesn't mean that you have to do it as well. He preaches to be oneself but he's clearly trying too hard to be like everybody else.

And using biblical symbolisms (like he did in his Grammy performance) is just trying to pick up a fight, to annoy certain groups. If this was about anything else but Christianity, he would be called out for appropriating or even disrespecting other religions.

I understand people speaking out against something or a group of people at the beginning of your career or personal journey, when you're trying to distance yourself from sth/sb and even denounce it, but when that becomes your identity I think it's problematic and sad because you're using all your time and energy against sth/sb, which is basically bullying, instead of proposing something different or creating your own path.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, SouthernOreo said:

GOOOOO SAMMY!!! Someone representing AVERAGE/HUSKY GUYS!!! Not everyone has the body of a gym rat. Not everyone wants that type of body. That's not the ONLY type of body that's attractive. One, he's not fat and he's not obese. Mind you, he's 6'2" and he carries his weight quite damn well. Can we stop thinking that only men with muscular bodies are attractive and the ONLY type of body to have or that's acceptable?? I hope those of you who are bashing him for loving who he is AS HE IS never end up with a health issue that'll cause you to gain weight. It's effing ridiculous and saddening. Truly. 

You make a very valid point…plus I’ll add to this..as you get older your metabolism will slow… unfortunately getting older means gaining weight too sometimes…

No matter the body shape, I think a star of theys caliber does not need to publicly dress like that… 

This type of wear is usually reserved for C-listers who can’t solely rely on their mediocre talent. 

They should save this for theys partner. 

there is something so hot when someone doesn’t need to remove their close but they can still exude power and lure.   Sam has that ability 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

You are conflating two different things, though. One can strive to be healthy while still loving their body. I agree that fat acceptance is one step too far, and we should be striving towards body positivity (or even neutrality) instead. But at the end of the day, it's just weird behavior to shame someone's body under the guise of "caring about their health" or whatever. It's just so disingenuous. And this isn't just about Sam (for those who say that Sam wants the attention). They might want the attention, but there's other people who look like Sam and don't want the attention. Imagine how they might feel seeing such comments even if they're directed at Sam specifically. For example, I'm normally satisfied with my body, but when Tom Brady posted this:

Reveal hidden contents

526ez0iiunga1.jpg

people were calling him gross and too skinny, and as a skinny guy, that did make me question myself at least a little bit. It's just unnecessary. Making people hate themselves isn't motivating.

You are so smart and write so well ! My hero

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.