When will Britney have her "All Too Well" moment?

"All Too Well" is a song by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift. Its five-minute version is part of her fourth studio album, Red (2012), whereas its re-recording and uncut 10-minute version is part of her second re-recorded album, 'Red (Taylor's Version) (2021)'. "All Too Well" is a power ballad combining country rock, soft rock, folk and arena rock styles, with lyrics narrating a romantic relationship and its subsequent dissolution using vivid imagery.

After 'Red' was released by Big Machine Records on October 22, 2012, "All Too Well" peaked at number 80 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and 59 on the Canadian Hot 100, and was certified gold by the RIAA despite it never being a single. It went on to become one of Swift's most acclaimed and widely covered songs, and earned a cult following, with its "scarf" reference becoming a popular culture phenomenon. Critics, fans, and media outlets have often called "All Too Well" Swift's best song, highlighting its cathartic songwriting; emotional engagement; specific, expository details; slow-burning production; vocal performance; and musical climax. It featured on several publications' lists of the best songs of the 2010s decade and the greatest songs of all time, such as Rolling Stone's 2021 List of 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

In 2021, following the controversy regarding her masters, Swift re-recorded two versions of "All Too Well"—the 5-minute "All Too Well (Taylor's Version)", and the unabridged "All Too Well (10 Minute Version)"—for 'Red (Taylor's Version)'. The 10-minute version was accompanied by "All Too Well: The Short Film", a romantic drama written and directed by Swift, starring Sadie Sink and Dylan O'Brien.

Surpassing the 2012 track's chart performance, "All Too Well (10 Minute Version)" was met with international commercial success, topping the charts in various countries and breaking the Guinness World Record for the longest song ever to reach number one on the BillboardHot 100. It was met with rave reviews from music critics, who praised Swift's songwriting for the "epic" songcraft, song structure, and the extended storytelling for providing more context and perspective than the five-minute version. Publications named it one of the best songs of 2021 in their year-end rankings and a career highlight for Swift. Both the 10-minute song and the short film have received numerous accolades, including the MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year and a nomination for Song of the Year at the forthcoming 65th Annual Grammy Awards.

That being said, can Britney have her "All Too Well" moment with a 10-minute re-recording of "Hold On Tight" or from a demo on the 'Original Doll' Sessions? I'm not even a Taylor fan but I can't even deny this song's greatness. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Discuss.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, Emil87 said:

Hopefully never. Not even being biased cuz I do enjoy some Taylor Swift songs but this is so beyond basic in every possible way. The lyrics, the melody, everything. I can’t imagine anyone besides a 13 yo girl relating to it.

Couldn’t have said this better myself. Taylor Swift? I-

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

Hopefully never. Not even being biased cuz I do enjoy some Taylor Swift songs but this is so beyond basic in every possible way. The lyrics, the melody, everything. I can’t imagine anyone besides a 13 yo girl relating to it.

1 hour ago, GlitterRain said:

Couldn’t have said this better myself. Taylor Swift? I-

Imagine saying that about 'All Too Well'. We had to cackle. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: @Adriannn

1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

The lion, the wardrobe, the witch, and the audacity of this btch. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Just because someone doesn’t like Taylor Swift it doesn’t make them a buffoon. Literally most of the comments in this thread are saying it’s basic. You’re a dreamer. 

I literally don't even care for Taylor myself but NO ONE can deny the MASTERPIECE that is "All Too Well". First you come for "No Scrubs", then "Toxic", "He Wasn't Man Enough" and now "All Too Well"?! Is there anything you do like? Anyways. Sorry you're DEAF and sending you my condolences as always! :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

I literally don't even care for Taylor myself but NO ONE can deny the MASTERPIECE that is "All Too Well". First you come for "No Scrubs", then "Toxic", "He Wasn't Man Enough" and now "All Too Well"?! Is there anything you do like? Anyways. Sorry you're DEAF and sending you my condolences as always! :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

This comment is incredibly offensive to those that are deaf. Please engage within the community respectfully. 

I am not deaf. 

• Haha 3

Where exactly is Britney being compared? What's being said here is that we all hope Britney had a moment of both critical and commercial success deep into her career WITH material we all have been craving for.

Some might not like Taylor, but calling this song 'basic' is just showing your all-time jealousy. Y'all's az.zes need ointment. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block