Is TLC's "No Scrubs" the greatest song of all time?

45 minutes ago, nstink said:

Yes, I've always believed that No Scrubs, He wasn't man enough for me by Toni Braxton and Say My Name by Destiny's Child have to be part of the greatest rnb songs of all time. Timeless, you could listen to them for decades and decades and it'll still sound fresh and new

Wtf. It’s as if you read my mind and I’m the one typing this out. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: And yes. Absolutely. Those 3 are undeniable masterpieces and exude the same energy. Truly a timeless era in pop music.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well...you can always give me the benefit of doubt!

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

omg ok ill try listen to it  spacer.png

Girl not you saying this like it’s a chore when “No Scrubs” is literally a widely acclaimed masterpiece that shaped the sound of pop and r&b in the 90s/2000s. Matter of fact, I’m 99% certain you’ve heard at least once before due to it being such a massive song. Not to mention, it was also included on Rolling Stone’s ‘500 Greatest Songs of All Time’ list.

spacer.png

Quite literally one of, if not the most influential song of 1999 aside from Britney and JLo’s massive debuts. It literally made hundreds of year- and -decade end lists and still goes hard at the clubs to this day.

spacer.png

Now get to work r@+ and culture yourself. :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

I’m failing to understand how or where this is funny. Her and Kevin Briggs were working on many of the major pop and R&B songs from the late 90s and early 2000s. :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

When your out in the club don’t think I’m not,  even when your out makin luv don’t think I’m not :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Haha 1
On 1/23/2023 at 11:45 PM, Joshyworld said:

Girl not you saying this like it’s a chore when “No Scrubs” is literally a widely acclaimed masterpiece that shaped the sound of pop and r&b in the 90s/2000s. Matter of fact, I’m 99% certain you’ve heard at least once before due to it being such a massive song. Not to mention, it was also included on Rolling Stone’s ‘500 Greatest Songs of All Time’ list.

spacer.png

Quite literally one of, if not the most influential song of 1999 aside from Britney and JLo’s massive debuts. It literally made hundreds of year- and -decade end lists and still goes hard at the clubs to this day.

spacer.png

Now get to work r@+ and culture yourself. :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Y-yes  ̷s̷i̷r̷ bestie

spacer.png

On 1/23/2023 at 2:45 PM, agustinmalandra said:

:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

it's a good song tho

Oh shush, it's an exceptionally good song

On 1/24/2023 at 5:32 AM, nstink said:

You have taste sir

<3 

On 1/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Probably Thriller if you ask me!

Thriller? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: That ain't even Michael's best song, let alone one of the greatest songs of all time. So overrated. :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

On 1/27/2023 at 12:58 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Y-yes  ̷s̷i̷r̷ bestie

spacer.png

And? KYtBoeg.gif

Did you listen, r@+? KYtBoeg.gif

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, thegrove said:

And you talk about other people being delusional :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

it is a great song though. 

How am I being delusional when this song has made several year-, decade-end and ‘greatest songs of all time’ lists? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: 

Spoiler

This, ‘Are You That Somebody’, ‘I Get Lonely’, ‘Ray of Light’, ‘Frozen’, The Boy Is Mine’, ‘That Don’t Impress Me Much’, ‘Goodnight Moon’, ‘Say My Name’, ‘Oops I Did It Again’, ‘He Wasn’t Man Enough’, ‘Gotta Tell You’, ‘I’m Like a Bird’, ‘Whenever Wherever’, ‘I’m a Slave 4 U’, ‘Underneath Your Clothes’, ‘I’m With You’, ‘Crazy in Love’, ‘Milkshake’, ‘Forever and For Always’, ‘Toxic’, ‘Breathe Me', ‘Since U Been Gone’, ‘We Belong Together’, ‘Be Without You’, ‘Unfaithful’, ‘Umbrella’, ‘Gimme More’, ‘Love Story’, ‘Poker Face’, ‘Tik Tok’, ‘On the Floor’, ‘Mr. Saxobeat’, ‘Set Fire to the Rain’, ‘Video Games’, ‘Girl Gone Wild’, ‘Call Me Maybe’, ‘Ride’, ‘All Too Well’, ‘Everything is Embarrassing’, ‘XO’, ‘West Coast’, ‘no tears left to cry’, ‘everything i wanted’ are probably some of the best female songs in the pop and pop-&-b realm over the last 25 years. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.