Celine Dion Trends After ‘Rolling Stone’ Leaves Her Off of ’200 Greatest Singers of All Time’ List

Z91

Rolling Stone revealed their list of the 200 Greatest Singers of All Time, and backlash is already ensuing after fans noticed that Celine Dion was not even featured, despite having an unbelievable singing voice and a lauded, international career as a best selling singer.

The magazine established early on in the piece that the list might not feature the greatest "vocalists," writing, "Before you start scrolling (and commenting), keep in mind that this is the Greatest Singers list, not the Greatest Voices List. Talent is impressive; genius is transcendent. Sure, many of the people here were born with massive pipes, perfect pitch, and boundless range. Others have rougher, stranger, or more delicate instruments."

Some notable inclusions on the list include Billie Eilish at #198, Kelly Clarkson at #194, BTS’ Jung Kook at #191, Ozzy Osbourne at #112, Taylor Swift at #102, Michael Jackson at #86, Adele at #22, Beyonce at #8, Mariah Carey at #4, Whitney Houston at #2 and Aretha Franklin in the number 1 spot.

Once it was discovered that Celine Dion was not on the list, fans immediately began demanding answers on Twitter. Other blatant omissions as cited by fans include Cher, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, Luther Vandross, Jennifer Hudson, and so many other talented artists.

• Love 4

I think Cher not being on is fine, and I'm a fan. Celine, on the other hand, is an undeniable WTF. If you're talking from a wholistic perspective, Celine's top 200 no doubt. Biggest French-language singer ever. Huge hits in 2 languages, a lot of influence. I've regularly heard people refer to her as, "The Voice." 

Edit: I doubt anyone expected Jennifer Hudson to be included, as talented as she is. It's not a list of best performances in movie musicals or most successful American Idol contestants. 

Edited by IsraeliMatt
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, thegrove said:

All that other aside, and much respect to Aretha Franklin (I’d kill to have half of her talent, RIP) but the greatest singer of all time she is NOT. :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

But she is, shes a better singer than anyone! Not even Whitney comes close to her. Who do you think is the greatest singer?

Edited by fays1
  • Haha 3

Yeah it's complete bull**** that she was left off. Knowing that this is RS though, I'm stunned that Beyonce didn't top the list. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

Also the fact that Kelly C - one of the best vocalists to come from American Idol and one of the best pop-rock female vocalists ever - is so close to the bottom is a hate crime. :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Edited by Stefani
  • Love 3
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Read my previous post :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Whitney is a bigger superstar, and has a prettier more clear voice than Aretha, but Aretha is a better singer. Aretha wasnt just a great singer, she was a transcendent singer that rose above the standard of a singer. Aretha had insane vocal abilities and techniques.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.