Albums that you were excited for but ended up disappointing you?

Obviously Britney Jean

Pink Hurts 2B Human - i do like the album and it grew on me but it felt really rushed after Beautiful Trauma [which i love] and its not her best album. Even she seemed disinterested in it in interviews. although i am  so excited about her new album Trustfall as she seems so enthuastic about it and says she thinks its her best  work

also agree with @Adriannn about Midnights, i like 2 or 3 songs off it but it all sounds very samey  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Solar Power by Lorde... not a single track speaks to me. It's a complete dud. 
  • Artpop by Lady Gaga... she was being experimental and while it worked for some, I couldn't get into it. Lead single (Applause) really turned me off.
  • Britney Jean. No need to explain this one.
  • Lover by Taylor Swift. I really loved her baddie era in Reputation. Lover DOES have some gems but Me! was awful and there's too many throwaway tracks with cringe lyrics.
  • Positions by Ariana Grande. Corny lyrics, more of the same from her last albums, nothing exciting on there.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Britney Jean could have been better in terms of production and I was even disappointed by the length. There's still quite a few personal songs on the album though.

I don't think Positions is that bad, there's lots of nice songs on that album. I wish the album wasn't so short though, especially the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition.

It was actually Sweetener that I was more disappointed by, if the album sounded more like the three singles from it it would have been so much better.

Ariana Grande Sweetener

Ariana Grande Positions

BSB DNA

Britney Jean

Glory

Hilary duff All About You

Shakira She Wolf

Shakira 2014

Shakira Dorado

Jennifer Lopez A.K.A. (Album is good but poor promo)

miley cyrus malibu

selena gomez  rare

selena gomez spanish ep

Shakira

Xtina Lotus

Xtina Liberation

Xtina Aguilera part2 &3,

Taylor swift lover

taylor swift evermore

taylor swift folklore

taylor swift midnights

2 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:
  • Solar Power by Lorde... not a single track speaks to me. It's a complete dud. 
  • Artpop by Lady Gaga... she was being experimental and while it worked for some, I couldn't get into it. Lead single (Applause) really turned me off.
  • Britney Jean. No need to explain this one.
  • Lover by Taylor Swift. I really loved her baddie era in Reputation. Lover DOES have some gems but Me! was awful and there's too many throwaway tracks with cringe lyrics.
  • Positions by Ariana Grande. Corny lyrics, more of the same from her last albums, nothing exciting on there.

a lot of people hate Lover ive noticed but i love it. it has some catchy songs on it

actually you mention Lady Gaga, she had some amazing songs in the 2000s and Artpop was alright,  but her last 2  albums Joanne and Chromatica were awful. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.