Gwen Stefani originally recorded what would become Selena’s “The Heart Wants What It Wants”

4 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

So many of Selena's songs have been passed around that I can't take her "songwriting" seriously. I mean, there's songs she has writing credits on despite the writers' demos being identical to the final versions lyrically (e.g., Rare).

Selena probably changed my heart to the heart and got a credit for it. Ridiculous. 

• Haha 7
  • Like 1

First of all, if y’all are gonna pan Selma for buying credit for changing 2 words (she changed verse lyrics too) then you have to have that same energy for Beyonka who does the same thing from even less well known song writers.

Anyway, Selma wins this round. Not a fan of Gwen, ol girl always sounds like she has a cold.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bo da toe said:

First of all, if y’all are gonna pan Selma for buying credit for changing 2 words (she changed verse lyrics too) then you have to have that same energy for Beyonka who does the same thing from even less well known song writers.

Anyway, Selma wins this round. Not a fan of Gwen, ol girl always sounds like she has a cold.

Gwen Stefani is a legend with a 36 year career with hits in just about every genre possible. Let’s see where Selena is when she is in her 50s. Put some respect on Ms. Stefani’s name. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

Sounds much better with Gwen voice, which has natural depth and warmth.

Selena vocals are basically autotuned talking

Agreed. Gwens vocals gave the song such a different feeling. This was the time of her divorce, and you can hear the emotion in her voice. It’s like she’s telling a story. Very well done, and i bet the final version would’ve been amazing. 

7 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Gwen Stefani is a legend with a 36 year career with hits in just about every genre possible. Let’s see where Selena is when she is in her 50s. Put some respect on Ms. Stefani’s name. 

I really don’t care hun. Her voice makes me want to extract my own ear drums. She can have a 360 year career and 10389291 hits and I still wouldn’t like her. I find her extremely overrated and underwhelming.:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bo da toe said:

I really don’t care hun. Her voice makes me want to extract my own ear drums. She can have a 360 year career and 10389291 hits and I still wouldn’t like her. I find her extremely overrated and underwhelming.:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Girl Selena talks most of her songs and still needs autotune. She couldn’t even properly execute the song live on any occasion. But anyway, I’m glad you enjoyed Selena’s version. Maybe one day she will surprise us all and write a song herself. 

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Oh wow, I cannot believe this, for two reasons:
1) Gwen's original version is FANTASTIC!! She is SUCH a unique artist! And there's no other voice like hers.

2) The way Selena LIED to us... I perfectly remember her back then talking about this song as if she had written it with her own blood and tears... And it barely changed from the original... She's definitely an actress before being a singer.

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block