Adele Las Vegas Residency Is Being Praised By Critics

I saw clips on YouTube and it look great. The staging and video footage throughout is stunning. I’m not sure what was so over the top with the last production or what exactly made them cancel….Set Fire to the Rain literally has falling water with the stage and piano literally lighting up in fire. Idk what could’ve been bigger than that. 

• Love 1

I can't help but feeling artists like Adele are lazy. Lazy because they're only 4 studio albums in their career and they're already slacking off touring and performing in 1 place only.

Never liked the idea of residencies anyway, I hated the fact Britney started one.

I do get their point of view: no travelling, a better schedule, performing the same show doesn't require much rehearsals after starting, the LOT of money they make, ...

But still...I see a residency as the end stop of your career and not at the height of your career.

I just see residencies as pure captalism of the rich. It's like "I am rich so if you wanna see me YOU will have to come TO ME". While they're the ones making big money so they should do the effort to tour for THEIR fans, making THEM rich.

Anyhow, I had to share my thoughts on residencies.

• Like 4

People complain about doing Vegas, I don't know..

For a lot of artist's it's their way to perform,  but not to travel the world. 

Everybody that I know hated touring cos of travel, the different time zones and etc..

Back in the 80s and 90s you really didn't need to tour, if you wrote,  produced and had a bigger hand in the creation of the music like prince,  Madonna, Janet Jackson and Michael jackson,  you didn't need to tour,  you took a bigger  chunk of those sales 

However they realized it was different once mp3s and the royalties was smaller when the album era died, so for some you want to see them, it's gonna cost you a penny and maybe your life savings as some of these are have to see them once In your life.

I don't get that with Adele.  

A vocalist who just stands behind a microphone..

Barbara Streisand vibes,  I would be dead asleep fast 

• Love 1
On 11/20/2022 at 8:15 AM, Midnights said:

I can't help but feeling artists like Adele are lazy. Lazy because they're only 4 studio albums in their career and they're already slacking off touring and performing in 1 place only.

Never liked the idea of residencies anyway, I hated the fact Britney started one.

I do get their point of view: no travelling, a better schedule, performing the same show doesn't require much rehearsals after starting, the LOT of money they make, ...

But still...I see a residency as the end stop of your career and not at the height of your career.

I just see residencies as pure captalism of the rich. It's like "I am rich so if you wanna see me YOU will have to come TO ME". While they're the ones making big money so they should do the effort to tour for THEIR fans, making THEM rich.

Anyhow, I had to share my thoughts on residencies.

Lazy…. or how about being a new mom? She’s wanting to perform but also wants more stability as a mother. Residencies are perfect for performers who are also mothers. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block