Exhale is saturated with unimportant news

Flexareal

What happened? Can we stop with all the bs post and only post the good stuff like Britney’s court docs and other artist release dates and pop culture? I’ve been a member since 2009 and I’m tired of searching through the garbage. Jordan bring back the passion!! It’s bad when I’m getting my Britney news from Melanie Veronica and other sources first! 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Leader

Awe you don’t like the new format? I thought it was pretty fun to see a bunch of new topics landing on the homepage. The topics that get engagement stay on the homepage and the ones that don’t fall off. 

I do see the value in curating content onto the homepage like before, but I am trying to make Exhale more autonomous. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Awe you don’t like the new format? I thought it was pretty fun to see a bunch of new topics landing on the homepage. The topics that get engagement stay on the homepage and the ones that don’t fall off. 

I do see the value in curating content onto the homepage like before, but I am trying to make Exhale more autonomous. 

I like it like this :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Leader
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Agreed. It has made me want to interact less ironically since it is meant to make people interact more. It’s a bit messy and some topics that have been crafted a little more carefully aren’t paid attention to because the same 2-3 people are littering the homepage with any random Buzzfeed article they can copy. 

I can add a rule where it only shows topics that receive X amount of replies first. The downside to that is that truly breaking news won’t be on the homepage right away until it receives X replies. Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

You could hop in chat and discuss it!!! I’m sure people would love to hear from you. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I can add a rule where it only shows topics that receive X amount of replies first. The downside to that is that truly breaking news won’t be on the homepage right away until it receives X replies. Thoughts?

I truly want to be on board with every idea but I don’t know how to best implement it. Sorry for weighing in like I did, but we can continue giving this a shot since it hasn’t been that long yet. Or maybe have a way to move topics to another section that maybe are not as fully fleshed out? Like a reverse “feature” feature? 

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

It's your site, do what YOU feels best. 💯 :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

So many of us crave vetted threads. I’m tired of all these unimportant topics about how poorly people think of Britney now. Literally everything is main paged and it’s messy af.

7 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Agreed. It has made me want to interact less ironically since it is meant to make people interact more. It’s a bit messy and some topics that have been crafted a little more carefully aren’t paid attention to because the same 2-3 people are littering the homepage with any random Buzzfeed article they can copy. 

5 hours ago, crazyasamuthafukka said:

So many of us crave vetted threads. I’m tired of all these unimportant topics about how poorly people think of Britney now. Literally everything is main paged and it’s messy af.

Since I know u can be shady to me - just tell me- if you don't want me to post news anymore- I won't

• Leader
11 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think people want it to go back to just Britney spears,  that's the reality .

Other artists is the problem not many people like the music of today. 

We're becoming our parents again. 

If people want Britney-only news, just bookmark the Britney forum section ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Love 2
  • Leader
4 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Since I know u can be shady to me - just tell me- if you don't want me to post news anymore- I won't

Nah please don't get discouraged. Please feel free to continue creating topics. Some will perform well and get engagement, and some won't. You'll begin to see what kinds of topics perform well and can create more of those in-kind. 👌 

It’s messy AF and one of the reasons why I don’t post or visit this site as much as I used to. 

And the Britney section. Jesus. It’s as if users are trying to outdo each other with same recycled garbage week after week. 

If it’s not mundane topics about Britney’s hair or her clothes, it’s topics asking questions that only Britney and her former sh!tty team would know the answer to. “Why didn’t Britney do this? Why didn’t she do that? Why was this video not finished? Why didn’t she record a video for this song?” 

:wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

I’m all for engagement but it’s getting to the stage were users are so desperate for a hit thread that they are making threads for the sake of it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

It’s messy AF and one of the reasons why I don’t post or visit this site as much as I used to. 

And the Britney section. Jesus. It’s as if users are trying to outdo each other with same recycled garbage week after week. 

If it’s not mundane topics about Britney’s hair or her clothes, it’s topics asking questions that only Britney and her former sh!tty team would know the answer to. “Why didn’t Britney do this? Why didn’t she do that? Why was this video not finished? Why didn’t she record a video for this song?” 

I’m all for engagement but it’s getting to the stage were users are so desperate for a hit thread that they are making threads for the sake of it. 

And it'll only get worse when said users will most likely become mods... :toodles_britney_sam_run_instagram_bye_goodbye_scared:

• Leader

Exhale has been online for a long time. I've never seen members comment on there being too many topics before. It's an interesting problem to have. 

I liked featuring threads to curate the homepage, but it was causing issues. That, plus it makes Exhale less autonomous (me or a moderator or a content curator has to decide what is engaging and what isn't versus giving everyones' topics a fair chance). 

I'm not opposed to changing the threshold for what gets posted on the homepage. But IDK I don't want to have to manually do it anymore. I want to give more power to the members and less to me / mods when it comes to content. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I screamed but It’s true! 

1 hour ago, rennen2.0 said:

Agreed. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Exhale has been online for a long time. I've never seen members comment on there being too many topics before. It's an interesting problem to have. 

I liked featuring threads to curate the homepage, but it was causing issues. That, plus it makes Exhale less autonomous (me or a moderator or a content curator has to decide what is engaging and what isn't versus giving everyones' topics a fair chance). 

I'm not opposed to changing the threshold for what gets posted on the homepage. But IDK I don't want to have to manually do it anymore. I want to give more power to the members and less to me / mods when it comes to content. 

Fair and square but can we vote for the option we’d want best? 

I love this! I also like giving my solutions when stating a problem. Let’s be real this started as the biggest Britney fan site so it should stay this way by being the first to post important news updates about our queen and keep those post to the top of the thread! Think even a side page flag with just Britney stuff like book updates, new remixes or music, and court updates! And all other posts from members should be vetted! 
On a side note i know you have to stay with the times to stay relevant. Britney is active, we see her on insta living her best life!

The rest of your post should be regarding pop culture like new upcoming artist, new album releases or Rihanna super bowl  updates etc. The site def needs a cleaning and overhaul to keep my interest. That on real.

I will also say I’m so thankful for you Jordan for listening to us to make it better and for giving me 17+ years of Britney news. I look forward to 20 more you just got to clean this up a bit! :) 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.