Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Yesterday there was a post about Madonna shading Cardi b and every one was standing with Madonna and saying did she lie she literally mentioned cardi name and now when britney did this even though  I don’t think it is shade she is wrong and should not do that you guys are hypocrites I can’t :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: is it because Selena is white and cardi is black I am confused :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, G-unit said:

It’s weird because Britney literally posted the pictures of her with Selena at the wedding.  Pictures of her smiling and looking happy with her.  She also referenced her (and the other women celebs there) as “beautiful” if I recall correctly.  Like…wtf happened.  Britney has never been a **** talker.  Her biggest “feud” was with Xtina and 90% of it was made up by the media…so the fact that she’s hardcore going in on Selena is just strange to me, especially because Selena won’t comment on it.  All Britney has said was that Selena reiterated over and over that she wanted Britney to be happy…which at the end of the day, genuinely isn’t typically meant to be a rude remark.  I’m lost at this point lol

Mental illness??

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Sia said:

Is it taking the higher road or just being a decent human being? I didn’t realize that being a “good” person gives you free passes to be an a-hole when you decide to cash in on them.

So dumb…

So, you're saying Britney isn't a good person? I'm sure she's helped millions of people around the world through her music, her inspiration and performances to help others get through bad times in their lives. Even more so now that she's lived through this C Ship, sounds like you prefer Britney to be under gag order and not express herself and speak her mind.

Britney has also supported tons of people financially from dancers to stage crews, to managers, her family, tour bus drivers, hair people, make up, so on and so forth. Many people have cashed in on her work. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

But Britney shared her love for Selena through the years, and even mentioned once that she would love to collaborate with her. 

Britney has had an immense amount of Trauma. I discourage these posts. I know your not speaking negatively.  Why do we continue to fuel any negative towards either women. We know nothing and speculation is not facts. We assume . Yet it fuels more negative into the sensationalism. I have no idea why I rambled 🙄🙄 

All good .. people like to gossip. How much truth is reality. How much wood 🪵 would a wood 🪵 chuck chuck🦫( thats a beaver 🦫 !!) . Brits fine showing her 🦫 Beaver!!!!!) … sorry it was getting too serious !!! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

It’s appears Selena wasn’t invited and maybe she passed a message from Britney’s mom or gave some unsolicited advice and Britney wasn’t having it .. they could have had a chat on the phone after the wedding or anything. 

I will say Britney knows the industry inside and out and if she exposes something it’s because she can and has nothing to lose . 

nonethless the shade makes me uncomfortable and makes me associate Selena Gomez with Britney Spears now and it’s awkward whenever Selena releases anything. 

Yes to all of this. Does Selena have any known ties or connections to Loucifer or Lynn?

14 minutes ago, Bigno said:

It is 6 years old. It is from the AMAs 2016. Britney was not even posting herself on IG

Oh sh.it. Well damn. Then imma say that Britney’s post is totally not warranted then. Eeeeek. Cringe. I’m a Britney stan 1000% but I’m not with our girl on this one.:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Love 7
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, easy said:

please tell me how it's not hypocritical to say "i don't wanna see your body on instagram " and then she not only shows her body on instagram but also in music videos because she got a paycheck. i'll wait

Again, I already explained to you a couple responses prior. Selena clearly wanted to raise awareness for mental health issues with her speech. I don't know what Britney is on about but what Selena meant in her speech that it should also be okay to see beyond a person’s body on Instagram, she never said that you're not allowed to show off your body nor was she shaming anybody. Keep up. Anyway, Britney is a woman who the world fell in love with because of her ability to take the high road. I understand she wants to be heard but this sort of anger and indirect shade is doing a lot more harm than good by not only eating her alive but turning a lot of the public against her. Instead of channeling her energy on more important global matters or those who were directly complicit/involved in her conservatorship, she’s literally harassing Selena Gomez — a girl who once idolized Britney and who is 10 years younger — over what was likely a misunderstanding. Whatever it is, Britney is a grown woman. If she has an issue, she needs to speak it out directly with Selena in private and let this go for the sake of her own well-being. I can’t believe Britney fans have stooped this low to fight tooth and nail to defend everything she does but delusion and isolation seem to do that for many of you.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, glitch said:

OMG ITS ABOUT THIS IDIOT

AND NOT SELENA,

THIS THING IS UNDER LOU TAYLOR

AND SHE TRIES TO HAVE BRITNEYS PERSONALITY SOMEHOW

check her fallon interview from this week, can't stand her

But this chick has not gotten 4 million for a video or an award in like.....forever if she has at all at some point. Also, the reference to award show speeches is crystal clear, imo

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, glitch said:

I did watch the show as Taylor was the main guest yesterday.  Meghan  never talked about nudity. If anything, she made me cringe with the way she behaved and the way she spoke in "baby language". Maybe she was nervous? But I don't know. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

Again, I already explained to you a couple responses prior. Selena clearly wanted to raise awareness for mental health issues with her speech. I don't know what Britney is on about but Selena meant in her speech that she wants to see beyond a person’s body on Instagram, she never said that you're not allowed to show off your body nor was she shaming anybody. Keep up. Anyway, Britney is a woman who the world fell in love with because of her ability to take the high road. I understand she wants to be heard but this sort of anger and indirect shade is doing a lot more harm than good. Instead of channeling her energy on more important global matters or those who were directly complicit/involved in her conservatorship, she’s literally harassing Selena Gomez — a girl who idolized her since the beginning and who is 10 years younger — over what was likely a misunderstanding. Whatever it is, Britney is a grown woman. If she has an issue, she needs to speak it out directly with Selena in private and let this go for the sake of her own well-being. I can’t believe Britney fans have stooped this low to fight tooth and nail to defend everything she does but delusion and isolation seem to do that for many of you.  

"she's literally harassing selena gomez" because that's what YOU'VE decided she's doing. you put 2 and 2 together and got 5 and are running with it to further the narrative that women should be pitted against each other. britney is pointing out hypocrisy in the world, with women, and empowering them to do whatever they like. as i said, while the message of "you don't have to show your body to be valued" is nice, it's also condescending. "whatever it is" exactly. none of us, you or i, know what sparked this message from britney. but it's much easier to try and figure out the "who" decide you absolutely know who it is (you don't) and create a narrative based off that, then it is to look in the mirror being held up with britney's message. take away who you think she's talking about and you take away your preconceived notions. then listen to what she's actually saying. 

• Content Curators
4 minutes ago, glitch said:

OMG ITS ABOUT THIS IDIOT

AND NOT SELENA,

THIS THING IS UNDER LOU TAYLOR

AND SHE TRIES TO HAVE BRITNEYS PERSONALITY SOMEHOW

She’s definitely never getting a 4 million budget for a music video.

• Haha 8

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.