Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

5 minutes ago, easy said:

kanye literally spews hatred and vitriol, britney is speaking AGAINST that and pointing out hypocrisy 🥴

Pointing out hypocrisy by tearing other women down and quite literally being a hypocrite herself? Have we as a fanbase really stooped this low to justify Britney’s bullying now? 🥴

— And to @annalai23, no she won’t end up like Kanye unless she spews out racist or some antisemitism bullcrap. Thank God Britney’s never been about that. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

Pointing out hypocrisy by tearing other women down and quite literally being a hypocrite herself? 🥴 Have we as a fanbase really stooped this low to justify Britney’s bullying? 🥴

— And to @annalai23, no she won’t end up like Kanye unless she spews out racist or some antisemitism bullcrap. Thank God Britney’s never been about that. 

she's not tearing anyone down, quite the opposite. she's empowering women to show their bodies or whatever else they want on their instagram. it's not tearing someone down to point out they are being a hypocrite. that's holding up a mirror. sometimes you won't like what's reflected. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, x.rox said:

This “feud” is cringe though. Britney is a 40 year old woman coming for girl a decade her junior. Like c’mon Brit Brit, take a chill pill. Put the swords down. Ya’ll are both pretty! Haha. 

This. It is not even a feud. I have not seen Selena say or post a negative thing while Britney is just behaving like a junior high student, digging up old, old stuff unrelated to her. I know she has been through a lot and I never ever say a thing about her lashing out at her mom or family, but this solo fighting with celebrities who, at least, publicly have been nothing but nice is so exhausting. It is not even like Selena said this recently, so no way this was shade against Britney.  Just ugh.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, easy said:

she's not tearing anyone down, quite the opposite. she's empowering women to show their bodies or whatever else they want on their instagram. it's not tearing someone down to point out they are being a hypocrite. that's holding up a mirror. sometimes you won't like what's reflected. 

if that is what you believe, then Selena wasn't tearing anyone down in her speech as well.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, easy said:

You’re misunderstood. Selena clearly wanted to raise awareness for mental health issues with her speech. I don't know what Britney is on about but Selena meant in her speech that it’s also okay to see beyond a person’s body on Instagram, she never said that you're not allowed to show off your body nor was she shaming anybody. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Bigno said:

This. It is not even a feud. I have not seen Selena say or post a negative thing while Britney is just behaving like a junior high student, digging up old, old stuff unrelated to her. I know she has been through a lot and I never ever say a thing about her lashing out at her mom or family, but this solo fighting with celebrities who, at least, publicly have been nothing but nice is so exhausting. It is not even like Selena said this recently, so no way this was shade against Britney.  Just ugh.

How old is the speech? I didn’t realize it was old. If it’s within the past year it might be about Britney though? No? 

Just now, Joshyworld said:

You’re misunderstood. Selena clearly wanted to raise awareness for mental health issues with her speech. I don't know what Britney is on about but Selena meant in her speech that she wants to see beyond a person’s body on Instagram, she never said that you're not allowed to show off your body nor was she shaming anybody.

from what i saw selena literally said "i don't wanna see your body" that can be taken in the way that "you don't have to show your body to be valued" while true, is condescending to people who WANT to show their bodies. you can be nude on instagram and still show someone your heart. people shouldn't police what others post. and it's hypocritical to talk about wanting to show people your heart and then go on to show your body because you got paid. 

• Like 2

I don't know the reason why Britney keeps shading at Selena....  Whether Selena the person in private is totally different than Selena the nice celebrity that the public sees her , or any other reasons....  But Selena has a huge fan base and the public has  adored her and... best friend with Taylor Swift. Whether you wanna admit or not, NOBODY  can top Taylor Swift in the industry right now.... imagine Selena post something about it (like Britney did to her) and makes Britney looks bad and Taylor backs her up.... its OVER for Britney.... kinda like Kayne right now.... so i hope Britney post something else other than bashing/lashing out at public figures ( though she didnt name it... but people know) and careful at posting stuff ( avoid sensitive post like the chained lion) ~ 

Even if Britney doesn't care about her public image anymore .... she's still a public figure and the media and people still check on her posts and moves.... at least... hire a PR for her image...

If the general public keeps turning on her.... people who close to her can't stand it anymore and may walk away (Sam, Cade...etc) .... then she has no one left and head into destruction.... (well, maybe im too serious about it )

Us fans should not encourage it. 

• Love 4
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, easy said:

i never said she was. she was, however, being hypocritical. 

You’re too far up Britney’s *** to see the truth anyway. No point in trying to form a rebuttal since it will clearly go over your head. And just because we are Britney fans doesn’t mean we have to blindly follow or accept EVERYTHING Britney does or says. If you want to do that, go join those weird racists breatheonmiley and dopestbritney on Twitter.

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

No she wasn’t. You’re way too far up Britney’s *** to see the truth anyway. No point in trying to form a rebuttal since it will clearly go over your head. And just because we are Britney fans doesn’t mean we have to blindly follow or accept EVERYTHING Britney does or says. If you want to do that, go join those weird racists breatheonmiley and dopestbritney on Twitter.

please tell me how it's not hypocritical to say "i don't wanna see your body on instagram " and then she not only shows her body on instagram but also in music videos because she got a paycheck. i'll wait

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.