Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

2 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

What was Selena supposed to say? Selena has put Britney on a pedestal since before she was on Barney. That’s like you being invited to Britney’s wedding. What exactly could you or anyone say to her that would heal her? Selena was probably trying to keep her lane and not overstep. She’s always been extra cautious and she’s grown to be extremely guarded after rehab. 

Just because Selena said the same thing to Britney that her mother has said does not mean Selena said it lightly or with the same intentions as Britney’s flop mom. 

Or maybe Selena did something to betray Britney so Britney’s calling her out for being a hypocrite. We don’t know the details. But what we do know is that Selena is really good at virtue signaling. And Britney is right, Selena criticized women showing skin but also was in a music video where she sucks on popsicles and eats ice cream in ***ual way. Selena has no right to criticize one way of expressing ***uality over another. She is not the voice of morality and virtue. Her way of expressing ***uality is not better than another. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, dustinray1987 said:

It’s weird to me that she called her out for that. Maybe Selena feels comfortable now to do that. Britney is doing to Selena what she hated the media doing to her. Just let her do what she feels like doing Britney. 

Nope. She’s criticizing Selena for doing what the media does to women. One way of expressing ***uality is not better or more superior than another. Feminism is about CHOICE. Britney is more feminist than Selena’s pseudo feminism. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

Britney is slowly learning. At least she didn't directly reference someone's name when talking about them!

She will get major backlash for this. Then she will continue to learn. Maybe next time it will be much more general instead of focusing on one person.

Whether right or wrong, she is not effectively making her points. She can get her message across without being negative. She likes the attention but needs to be more considerate and thoughtful before posting.

And who was considerate of Britney's feeling when she was dragged through the mud during her career as well as her unlawful C Ship?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Disappointing…her message is not wrong but she needs to stop using Selena as her punching ball. Britney talks about women empowerment and yet she’s constantly dragging Selena. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

She can say what she wants. Britney is making a very valid point about Selena’s hypocrisy. This needs to be called out. 

29 minutes ago, dustinray1987 said:

By the time her book does come out everyone is gonna be mad at her for some reason or another. I just know where all this comes from. Was she mad at Selena before the wedding and didn’t know she was invited? Or did something happen at the wedding? Either way she needs to address these people personally not bring it out in the open for everybody to see. 

Or she can do what she wants 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Just now, car said:

Britney- you’ve always been known as the sweetest person- go off on your family and captors like Lou and your dad- but keep the other stuff private. Take the higher road. 

Brit has taken the high road most of her career, now that she's free Britney should be free to speak. Think about being silenced for more than a decade and having to be a robot under control and becoming free, B is releasing and has every right too.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

Britney is slowly learning. At least she didn't directly reference someone's name when talking about them!

She will get major backlash for this. Then she will continue to learn. Maybe next time it will be much more general instead of focusing on one person.

Whether right or wrong, she is not effectively making her points. She can get her message across without being negative. She likes the attention but needs to be more considerate and thoughtful before posting.

Look at you trying to micromanage someone’s voice lol

28 minutes ago, dustinray1987 said:

By the time her book does come out everyone is gonna be mad at her for some reason or another. I just know where all this comes from. Was she mad at Selena before the wedding and didn’t know she was invited? Or did something happen at the wedding? Either way she needs to address these people personally not bring it out in the open for everybody to see. 

It’s weird because Britney literally posted the pictures of her with Selena at the wedding.  Pictures of her smiling and looking happy with her.  She also referenced her (and the other women celebs there) as “beautiful” if I recall correctly.  Like…wtf happened.  Britney has never been a **** talker.  Her biggest “feud” was with Xtina and 90% of it was made up by the media…so the fact that she’s hardcore going in on Selena is just strange to me, especially because Selena won’t comment on it.  All Britney has said was that Selena reiterated over and over that she wanted Britney to be happy…which at the end of the day, genuinely isn’t typically meant to be a rude remark.  I’m lost at this point lol

• Love 4
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

I came across a post on Twitter that makes all sense as some Britney fans are linking Brit posts to Selena which is wrong. Stop creating drama

”Britney spoke about someone who makes music videos about ice cream and lollipops with generous high budget and it is represented by Lou.”

I decided to not believe you :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

1 minute ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Yeah, Selena didn’t criticize anyone. She was reminding women that what matters is what comes from within. She didn’t call anyone a sl**. She didn’t call anyone names. In a world where women are taught to please men with their bodies, I appreciated her speech. She simply reminded women to do it because they wanted to and not to fit in in the world.

Yes, her speech was amazing and there was nothing wrong with it.

• Love 7

Idgi. It so chasotic being a Britney fan.

I hope she finds peace.

Regarding Selena, if she has a problem with her, I wish she'd publicly just say what it is, or talk to her privately.

I don't like seeing people being so anti-Britney like this. It's just been a years since the Conservatorship ended.

There has to be a better way for her to process all of this rather than lash out at everyone. I get she is angry and wants justice, but this isn't the way.

I don't like seeing this at all. It's like watching someone you look up to sabotage themselves.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, G-unit said:

It’s weird because Britney literally posted the pictures of her with Selena at the wedding.  Pictures of her smiling and looking happy with her.  She also referenced her (and the other women celebs there) as “beautiful” if I recall correctly.  Like…wtf happened.  Britney has never been a **** talker.  Her biggest “feud” was with Xtina and 90% of it was made up by the media…so the fact that she’s hardcore going in on Selena is just strange to me, especially because Selena won’t comment on it.  All Britney has said was that Selena reiterated over and over that she wanted Britney to be happy…which at the end of the day, genuinely isn’t typically meant to be a rude remark.  I’m lost at this point lol

I’m so lost and if she isn’t talking about Selena then she needs to just say who she is talking about and not let people speculate. Whatever, both women can do whatever they want and should be able to without be criticized for it. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.