Who had the bigger decline: Avril or Christina

rik

Who had the bigger decline: Avril or Christina  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like Xtina had / still has "bigger" name than Avril, so I would say Xtina. Even when asked who is the vocalist of 2000s etc, Xtina is always mentioned while Avril is not, so Xtina was somehow relevant even to people who weren´t her fans as such because of her powerful voice. And add to it that Britney competition and beefs w Eminem while Avril had nothing like that. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1

Every artist declines, but Xtina's decline was surprisingly steep. Avril's maintained more success in the context of what her career was like, and I'd argue the context of the music she made also. I don't think pop punk artists usually have the same mainstream longevity as artists that are more pure pop. 

Compare the chart peaks of Avril and Xtina's most recent albums:

Liberation (released 19 years after her debut):

Australia #9

Canada #5 

UK #17

US #6 

Love Sux (released 20 years after her debut):  

Australia #3 

Canada #3 

UK #3 

US #9

I've defended Xtina on exhale before, and I'd do it again. Nevertheless, I think Xtina is the clear answer to this question. I'll add though that Xtina deserves props for her recent Latin Grammy nominations. 

I’m gonna go with Christina. Avril still makes music that people still listen to. Christina hasn’t had a hit in I can’t even remember. Does Christina even make music still? Avril was marketed as the anti Britney. Christina just lived in Britney’s shadow. They both benefited from Britney being the “it” girl of early 2000’s but I think Avril is still semi relevant 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.