Do we want Britney's "Reputation/Rated R" era?

Do we want a revenge album? 😱

I think a possible new body of work where Britney is in control of her own narrative as an artist in Pop would-be amazing. I believe she has not released her grand opus yet. 💯

Britney is a great songwriter and storyteller. She could create something like Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' which is Pop magic.

Rihanna also had her moody dark unapologetic record with 'Rated R' era which spawned hits Russian Roulette and Rude Boy which are extremely personal.

Britney could speak about the trauma musically and it could be a part of her healing from that trauma. 

get it music video GIF by Apple Music

We don't need interviews and performances, just the music and some well directed Britney music videos where she chooses her backup dancers!!!

I see her working with Ilya, Max Martin, Benny Blanco, Sia, Danja, Andrew Watt, Oak, Darkchild, JayTawndré and many more to eat up a dark, moody record 🔪🔪🔪

What do you guys think? We didn't think she would ever make a new song and then we get Hold Me Closer! So I believe if she's ready the door to a new album (not a tour) is possible. 

Music Video Britney GIF

Thoughts my beautiful Exhalers? 👄

britney spears white girl dance GIF

• Love 7

Isn't Blackout more of a revenge album (against the media) than Reputation?

Also, imo: 1) Reputation like a lot of what Taylor releases (minus her latest albums) feels very high schoolish, there is an audience for that obviously as Taylor sells so well, but Britney is too old to go that route; 2) Reputation  is a good album, but nothing out of the extraordinary, like most of what Taylor do, it excelled thanks a lot due to marketing.

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

I’m curious how many albums she has left with RCA? She might not want to perform but if contractually she has to fulfill her record contract is a big question!

If anything was signed for her during the conservatorship, I’m sure Rosengart can fight that considering she was being trafficked and forced against her will. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 6

“Reputation” era?  Something about comparing Britney to a Taylor album makes me uncomfortable.  Like someone else said, Britney sets trends.

”Reputation” was Taylor’s attempt at trying to be a bad ***, which was too fake for me.  It’s a good album, but she doesn’t have the personality to go with the image she was trying to embody.

So, no, I do not want Britney to have a “Reputation” era.  I want Britney to have whatever era she wants to have.  If she decides to do an album, I’m sure it will be great.  If not, then I hope she enjoys what she does instead.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
29 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Omg let her rest. Give her a break. She literally just said she’s not returning to the industry :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

It's not that deep sis. Let fans make threads and discuss their dream era fantasies instead of crucifying them but what do you know since you make 5 threads on average per day.  :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what: 

Uh oh, are you going to report this comment too?  :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

“Reputation” era?  Something about comparing Britney to a Taylor album makes me uncomfortable.  Like someone else said, Britney sets trends.

”Reputation” was Taylor’s attempt at trying to be a bad ***, which was too fake for me.  It’s a good album, but she doesn’t have the personality to go with the image she was trying to embody.

So, no, I do not want Britney to have a “Reputation” era.  I want Britney to have whatever era she wants to have.  If she decides to do an album, I’m sure it will be great.  If not, then I hope she enjoys what she does instead.

The Taylor Swift hate in Exhale is real 😱😱😱!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block