2004 VMA Performance of “Toxic”

6 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

I've thought about this and that would have been so epic. So many missed opportunities in that era like Showdown, Hook-Up and Boom Boom all could have been singles with hot music videos! 

You have me wanting to give In the Zone a spin now! :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Yes I think it would’ve been a medley. Outrageous into Me Against the Music and closing with Toxic. 

As far as videos I think Shadow couldve been a great release in Europe and Asia with a video  

@Amanda Lick what do you think? 

• Love 3

This is an example where I wish a time machine is real and we could go back in time, warn Britney what’s ahead so to change the course of events. I’m sure VMA 04 would be, to this day, would’ve been a talk about moment if she performed and won video of the year for ‘Toxic.’

I really miss that time when Britney dominated the world. I know it sounds selfish but at least just one more time to slay the world, Britney, then I can leave my unresolved childhood wishes for Britney. 

But Britney needs to heal for sure. Do what’s best for you Brit

• Love 3

@jecho you just gave me the chills with the thought of Video of the Year. I cannot believe Hey Ya won.  And I agree with you that one more album with her completely in control of everything would be amazing. Her sitting at a soundboard listening to something and playing with her necklace while jams. 

ALSO: just thought and realized the Britney Spears Farewell Tour is going to definitely be called “…Baby One More Time. 

• Love 3

Don’t get me started on Toxic being the ONLY female video nominated for Video of the Year… but losing Best Female Video to Beyonce because she showed up. :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

Let’s not turn this into a Beyonce hating thread, it’s just more proof that VMAs are sketchy and their winners aren’t always deserving. The same can be said for Britney’s wins in 2008. :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.