Who cried listening to Britney share her story?

It really hit close to home. I definitely started crying at the end when she said I wasn’t alone. I just had a really bad fight with my mom. I expressed to her that I felt like she didn’t like me very much and she just totally went on the attack and defended her ego. She basically admitted it when she was complaining about how hard she has to edit herself when she’s around me (she’s constantly tearing me down.) I asked if she enjoys having a relationship with me and though she refused to confirm my suspicions, she also didn’t say that she did enjoy having a relationship with me. 

Britney speaking her truth about the kind of cruelty she’s experienced at the hands of her own parents really made me feel for her. I can understand that feeling of abandonment by the people who are supposed to protect you. She deserves so much better. I love you Britney. 

I did!!! I have an abusive father too!!! He has humiliated me, screamed at me, beaten me up and basically destroyed my self-esteem!! He used to call me fat, criticizing my clothes and everything about me!!!

I know how she feels!!!! It's almost too painful to put into words

• Love 1

I didn’t cry but it was very raw. I loved the ending though. Her confidence to say she knew she regained some control, that she wasn’t going to go running back to them.

How many times had we heard her team says in her specials or interviews that ‘she’s happiest when she’s working’ or ‘she needs to be on that stage’. That has a weirdly threatening tone now. For over a decade they convinced her she needed THEM. That is ******* sick. 

The strength I took to call their bluff and not go back to them knowing how much they had punished her before is amazing. 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, LizeS_ said:

I did!!! I have an abusive father too!!! He has humiliated me, screamed at me, beaten me up and basically destroyed my self-esteem!! He used to call me fat, criticizing my clothes and everything about me!!!

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

I’m still in shock.. I feel like she was talking directly to us! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

@GlitterRain I feel the same, I'm still in shock :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I found out about the audio right before going to sleep then I had to hear it. I listened to it twice and felt extremely sad and heartbroken. Her braveness is something we can all look up to and get inspired by it. She always had something unique, joyful, and reliable about her personality, and to digest all this trauma from her closest ones is insane and ruthless. It's sickening!

It was hard for me to listen to this and to know that her every day was still full of hesitation and fear. Although, her feelings make sense. I was happy to hear that she canceled all the offers she was getting and that she choose to get this out of her system by sharing it with us. It's a part of her healing I guess.

I hope she knows that we are here for her supporting every decision she takes without judgment. Britney, we love you and are proud of you 🌹

6 hours ago, LizeS_ said:

I'm so sorry to hear about that 😔

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, BritneyGuy said:

@GlitterRain I feel the same, I'm still in shock :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I found out about the audio right before going to sleep then I had to hear it. I listened to it twice and felt extremely sad and heartbroken. Her braveness is something we can all look up to and get inspired by it. She always had something unique, joyful, and reliable about her personality, and to digest all this trauma from her closest ones is insane and ruthless. It's sickening!

It was hard for me to listen to this and to know that her every day was still full of hesitation and fear. Although, her feelings make sense. I was happy to hear that she canceled all the offers she was getting and that she choose to get this out of her system by sharing it with us. It's a part of her healing I guess.

I hope she knows that we are here for her supporting every decision she takes without judgment. Britney, we love you and are proud of you 🌹

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.