Lizzo - "Special" stream and comment party

Isla

Surprised there's no thread for this? Lizzo released her fourth studio album (second major-label album) Special today, featuring the hit single About Damn Time.

LizzoSpecialCover.jpg

It's a nice album, I feel like there's a few songs that need to grow on me but it's pretty cohesive. I do wish the album wasn't so short but that's streaming for ya :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) (AMAZING), the title track, Everybody's Gay and Birthday Girl are all BAWPS, hopefully 2 Be Loved is the next single. Coldplay is a nice song too which uses a sample of the band's single Yellow. 

Anyone else listening to this album? :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Rumors was left in 2021.  :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Imma stream the album later :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

I'm okay with Rumors not being on the album, I don't mind the song but it would have sounded out of place on it, I'm okay with it being Lizzo's Pretty Girls moment.

• Haha 3

I'm more like a casual Lizzo fan and since 'About Damn Time' slaps, I decided to dive into in the album.

Upon first listen, these are my thoughts:

1. The Sign: more like 'The Cringe' :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

2. About Damn Time: a bop, this I know, this we all know :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

3. Grrrls: what's cooking in there, nothing

4. 2 Be Loved: what a banger, it better be the next single. It reminds me of an 80s fun bop :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

5. I Love You Bi.tch: this was created in TikTok headquarters and you cannot convince me otherwise... I bet this will be a single and no, I'm not typing this happily :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

6. Special: Love the R&B vibes and her delivery. From an objective standpoint, this the best song in the album :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

7. Break Up Twice: ok, niiiiiice :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

8. Everybody's Gay: I really like the production (it reminded me of Juice), but some of the lyrics :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: I mean, the mask off lyric :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

9. Naked: there are some elements that I like from this song, but I might need more time with it :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: is there a transition with the next song? 

10. Birthday Girl: cute, kinda

11. If You Love Me: cute

12. Coldplay: just like Coldplay's last record... forgettable :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Love 3

I've listened to it yesterday. There are only 5 songs that caught my attention: About Damn Time, 2 Be Loved, Special, Break Up Twice, Naked. I prefer the previous album but this one has good songs. I think it lacks the thing that made Lizzo's songs interesting. 

Everybody's gay and Birthday girl have good instrumentals but girl the lyrics are a no for me. 

14 minutes ago, theosgrlt said:

I've listened to it yesterday. There are only 5 songs that caught my attention: About Damn Time, 2 Be Loved, Special, Break Up Twice, Naked. I prefer the previous album but this one has good songs. I think it lacks the thing that made Lizzo's songs interesting. 

Everybody's gay and Birthday girl have good instrumentals but girl the lyrics are a no for me. 

Cuz I Love You was quite patchy for me but its highs were so good. The title track was quite weak imo, and I'm baffled it was a single and a opening track on the album too. But Juice? Like a Girl? Soulmate? Tempo? Heaven Help Me? And if we count the 'older' songs that made the album too, those are all bangers.

I can see what you mean about the lyrics, but I'm not too bothered in a way. It's nice to hear someone singing/rapping about empowerment and being yourself and not the usual tropes I'm used to hearing in rap music lol

Boring sorry....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block