Why was Don’t Go Yet the most underrated song of 2021?

Forget your hate towards Camila, Don’t Go Yet was a legitimate BOP! I just fail to understand why the general public didn’t even pick it up.

The GP couldn’t care less about her romance with Shawn or her past accounts, they just simply turned a blind eye to what should have been one of the biggest hits of the year. 

Do you agree?

• Love 7
  • Haha 2
  • Leader
4 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

Forget your hate towards Camila, Don’t Go Yet was a legitimate BOP! I just fail to understand why the general public didn’t even pick it up.

The GP couldn’t care less about her romance with Shawn or her past accounts, they just simply turned a blind eye to what should have been one of the biggest hits of the year. 

Do you agree?

Tbh I feel like after Havana people are like :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

5 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

It got more success than it deserved. She needs to go away from the music industry. All of that thinking she was better than the other 5H girls, only for her to flop unless she has a male featured on her songs. Bye girl

Real Housewives Nene GIF

Well she has a song with Ed Sheeran next year, so I’m ready for more success for her 😂

4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Tbh I feel like after Havana people are like :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

I completely agree, that song was EVERYWHERE. And I feel like when she was at an awards show people got sick of seeing her perform the same song and wanted something new.

With Cinderella actually being a big hit, I’m excited to see how the public reacts to her music next. 

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I gave it 99 points in Pokemons Exhale Top 100 because she deserved it :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Don’t Slay Yet was the most underrated hit of the year, but I still had to give my number one spot to Marina. The GP is tasteless and would rather listen to Fadrigo than this certified bop

Flawless taste is FLAWLESS!!

I can’t wait for the official version of La Buena Vida 😍

7 hours ago, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

It was a fun song but I just don't feel it was first single material. She has huge songs to follow up with and it doesn't have that vibe! :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Completely disagree with this, it was complete first single material. The chorus just makes you want to throw your hands up in the air and live your best life.
IMO this was better than Havana. 

• Love 1

To the OP: I absolutely agree, but in my opinion she was the one who put all her eggs in one basket with the ShawnMila thing and performing Senorita everywhere. Then her Romance album was horribly handled and she kinda has annoying attitude that makes everyone cringe. Also the Cinderella remake with James Corden was pretty bad too, and the promotion for that movie really turned a lot of people off. And also it got a lot of bad reviews but idk if it was like successful or not, but pretty mucheveryone on my social media feed was clowning it.

And lest we forget the racist tumblr lmfaooo, she will never live that down. So yeah that’s kinda why no one cares, I lowkey completely forget this song existed and I still haven’t heard it. But u seem like a big fan of hers so like don’t kill me lol I’m not tryna start drama and i don’t even hate her or anything, the romance album was actually pretty solid, it’s just the general public was not on her side as well as an awful album rollout by her trash label that I’m pretty sure is owned by Simon cowell that’s kinda causing her to flop. 

i think she’ll be okay in the long run tho, the racist thing will follow her forever but most people will likely forgive her and forget about it. I think she might pivot to releasing music in Spanish similar to Selena, Jennifer, and Christina, but who knows, imma have to listen to Dont let go

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

Well she has a song with Ed Sheeran next year, so I’m ready for more success for her 😂

Even Ed Sheeran’s new music sucks. I’m convinced he’s a product of payola with this new album because…yikes. 

Also, since when does Ed Sheeran have Latin ancestry? Isn’t her album supposed to be able her Latin roots? Or did she scrap it for my oh my part 2? 🙄🙄🙄

I just don't think it's a good song. And I don't like the chorus with that background choir or chant. I feel like she wants to make "standard Latin hits" but she misses the mark because she sounds too American for Latinxs, and too Latina for Americans. Also, he insanely raspy voice is starting to get on my nerves.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.