Bish, She's Madonna returns for season 3 on YouTube covering her 3rd studio album "True Blue" first episode devoted to "Papa don't preach ", a message song that even Madonna said people would get the wrong idea.

Madonna and controversy even in 1986 was nothing new. 

But her Reinvention was controversial as she disappeared and basically returned with a new look, and the first of Many Madonnas to come after this look 

Also a very controversial and politically charged topic in a pop song. ******** and patriarchal system.

This video shows while critics praised it as well as female politicians. Female teens said this was gonna hurt them the most, unfortunately it did just that. 

Parents refused to accept that teens are ***ual beings, and by not helping them get birth control and contraceptives like protection, a teen pregnancy boom was gonna happen, for almost two decades and a half teen pregnancies was a norm due to this, I would say it ended due to teen mom as I rarely see teen pregnancies happen or get discuss on TV shows anymore..

It was the first of many serious topics aimed at the patriarchal system and men in general that would be one of her subjects she would passionately discuss openly in her 39 year career. 

This was just the beginning of Madonna being taken seriously as a music artist in general, than just a pop star something that no other female artist before her actually achieved.

@I Always Sing Live

@Prachi

@Jordan Miller

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.