Friends: The Reunion Reactions

So I just finished watching Friends: The Reunion and I was an emotional mess throughout the entire special. This show means so much to me and so many other people. Friends was and remains a rare cultural phenomenon that has been viewed over 100 billion times across all formats according to the reunion. Seeing everyone in the same room together and how genuine they are around each other makes revisiting the show so much more special. 

Warning there will be spoilers so read no further if you don’t want to have anything spoiled. 

The best:

1) The Friends recreating the infamous trivia episode and Jennifer Aniston’s reactions throughout

2) Finding out David Schwimmer and Jennifer Aniston were crushing on each other hard during the first season and the reason for Ross and Rachel’s chemistry onscreen

3) Matt Leblanc being typical Joey, the fashion show segment (his only), and seeing how much he remembered from his time there

4) Table read and Lisa Kudrow’s Phoebe impressions 

5) Seeing them react to being back on set and seeing each other

6) Janice coming back 

The worst

1) James Corden. The male Ellen. Pray for his cancellation every day

2) Unnecessary celebrity cameos from Justin Bieber, BTS, Cara Delevigne, and the random fan interviews

3) Lisa Kudrow adamantly shutting down an episode reboot 

4) The cast saying this will be the last time they get together to discuss the show 

5) Paul Rudd and Cole Sprouse didn’t make an appearance

What did y’all think? Fans of the special? Wish there was something they had discussed? Any cameos you would’ve liked to have seen? 

tenor.gif

FRIENDS-REUNION_Key-Art-Final_Vertical_P

• Love 5
  • Content Curators

Ahum (clears throat) I love this show, :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: I can't with the excitement that I feel, I'm shaken to the core of my existence:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: you have no idea! NO IDEA! :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Spoiler

I've only seen a couple of epsiodes :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: but I'm here to show support cause that's what a good friend does :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Spoiler

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Just now, Midnight said:

Ahum (clears throat) I love this show, :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: I can't with the excitement that I feel, I'm shaken to the core of my existence:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: you have no idea! NO IDEA! :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Hide contents

I've only seen a couple of epsiodes :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: but I'm here to show support cause that's what a good friend does :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Hide contents

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Bish you usually have me, but I knew the sarcasm as soon as I read the first word. You ain’t foolin a fool :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: and not you saving this thread from the pits. Exhale hates friends. Depressed *** hoes :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Bish you usually have me, but I knew the sarcasm as soon as I read the first word. You ain’t foolin a fool :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: and not you saving this thread from the pits. Exhale hates friends. Depressed *** hoes :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Give it some time boo, wasn't there a friends thread the other day? :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Super Mods

I just finished it right now and it was really good.

I do agree though that we didnt need the cameos from these random celebs who werent

even around when the show was on, they're trying TOO hard to be Gen Z friendly and

thats ridiculous!

It was shocking to know that Jennifer and David liked each other irl, its a shame they never got together.

She probably would've saved herself the heartache that she got when Brad cheated on her with Angelina

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I just finished it right now and it was really good.

I do agree though that we didnt need the cameos from these random celebs who werent

even around when the show was on, they're trying TOO hard to be Gen Z friendly and

thats ridiculous!

It was shocking to know that Jennifer and David liked each other irl, its a shame they never got together.

She probably would've saved herself the heartache that she got when Brad cheated on her with Angelina

I agree. I do think Courteney had a point though and there was the risk of the relationship not working out and it making the rest of the show or these reunions awkward 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I agree. I do think Courteney had a point though and there was the risk of the relationship not working out and it making the rest of the show or these reunions awkward 

Hm true. I mean just look at all the times when co-stars got together in real life and then broke up which in result

cause awkwardness.

The only one that comes to mind right now is Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical.

Everyone loved them together (even I) but then they broke up as soon as the franchise was over

and ever since then, Zac has avoided going to ALL the HSM reunions, etc.

• Love 2
Just now, princessmimi said:

Hm true. I mean just look at all the times when co-stars got together in real life and then broke up which in result

cause awkwardness.

The only one that comes to mind right now is Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical.

Everyone loved them together (even I) but then they broke up as soon as the franchise was over

and ever since then, Zac has avoided going to ALL the HSM reunions, etc.

Another infamous one is Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush. I don’t blame her for despising him after he cheated on her with Paris Hilton 

• Love 1

It would be fun to see:

1. Paul Rudd aka Mike and his future with Pheobe. Probably too busy shooting another ant movie.

2. Davids 1st ex wife and her wife. As much as there were a lot of intolerance during episodes it would be interesting to see there they stand right now with Ross and how they co parenting Ben. By the way they could ask join him too. It would be more fun to see ppl involved with the show not Justin Bieber,Cara and others.

I didn't watch it yet cause idk how and not sure if i am going. But i really wish they had some1 involved with original show to be tv host not Corden. No hate to him -i just really not feeling him doing it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Princess Britney 007 said:

I loved the show. The only cons where the celebrities and the clips from the fans since it's obvious they're pandering to the people of colour and gays.

Omg tell me why I was thinking the same thing. I was like all these people are gay or poc and it’s obvious since the show was straight white people. I felt that part was a little forced. Love that they were trying to show representation after all these years, but I mean not if it’s going to be cringe like that 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, icybaby said:

It would be fun to see:

1. Paul Rudd aka Mike and his future with Pheobe. Probably too busy shooting another ant movie.

2. Davids 1st ex wife and her wife. As much as there were a lot of intolerance during episodes it would be interesting to see there they stand right now with Ross and how they co parenting Ben. By the way they could ask join him too. It would be more fun to see ppl involved with the show not Justin Bieber,Cara and others.

I didn't watch it yet cause idk how and not sure if i am going. But i really wish they had some1 involved with original show to be tv host not Corden. No hate to him -i just really not feeling him doing it.

Yeah I read that Paul Rudd is filming the next Ant-Man sequel. Would’ve still been cool to get a prerecorded message or even a quick Zoom chat like they did with Gunther 

• Love 1

I was super bummed out about this show. Mainly because when they announced it, I like many others thought a reboot was actually happening... and then learned it was just a gathering of the kids to talk about their time on the show. So LAME! 😭

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Also Lisa Kudrow looked confused as to who Lady Gaga was. She was perplexed the entire time until the end when it must’ve finally clicked :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

This. I didn’t think she knew who it was either. It was one of the more awkward moments of the show.

• Super Mods
16 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Another infamous one is Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush. I don’t blame her for despising him after he cheated on her with Paris Hilton 

Wow he cheated on her with Paris Hilton??
Idk that

I mean I knew he cheated but not with her.

I think it was with that horror movie called House of Wax if I recall

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.