Mon Laferte and Gloria Trevi release music video for 'La Mujer'

lamujer.jpg.ab61e19799482334eac7fe689cb6ee8e.jpglamujerg.png

Chilean artist Mon Laferte has released La Mujer in collaboration with Mexican diva Gloria Trevi, for her upcoming sixth studio album Seis. Mon Laferte wrote La Mujer about six years ago, though it was never officially released, and used to perform it live on her shows, until she decided not to anymore because she didn't like some of the lyrics, particularly the part that said "I am that woman of the overdose. I am that woman that you know so well". However, she decided to rework the track for the 2021 version, singing instead "I am that woman. I am your overdose. I am that woman that you know nothing about."

Mon Laferte, 37, says she was inspired by Gloria when she was a little girl, and felt identified by her songs in the 90's, such as Con los Ojos Cerrados. She even used to impersonate Gloria at school events. In an interview for Billboard she says "it needed fresh air and I thought, I wanted to sing with another powerful woman and, well, the first one that came to mind was Gloria."

170251037-10160961229289832-7986576715545052345-n.jpg

Both songwriters reflect on the collaboration, noticing how it came to full circle when Gloria herself, who just turned 53 this year, also felt identified by Mon's song, confessing it describes her perfectly.

Mon Laferte's album comes out tomorrow on digital platforms

Related:

• Love 2
  • Content Curators

Is it me or does Gloria look skinnier tham usual? She looks stunning :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman: I think we should give her the title of emperatriz de la belleza sorry Thalia :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

I love Mon, I tend to be more of a singles fan of hers, her albums aren't as interesting to me. That album cover though :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare: but the song is good I like.

• Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I love the original, but this version also slays

off topic, I uploaded to my channel her latest virtual concert, and for some reason this song blew up in views, it has over 600k now :ehidk_britney_um_eek: is it because of the thumbnail? lol

Wow the all the fans singing the song, I'm shaking that was beautiful.

:bieber_justin_smirk_weird: ahhh YESSSSS, the other guy though :melt_weird_drift_wow: :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking: :melt_weird_drift_wow: that performance was so much fun to watch it brought me back to the year when Angelique did that novela Teresa. I remember hearing that song being played alot at some fiestas I went to :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block