Happy St. Patty's Day! Remembering one of Youtube's first viral news reports

Picture it: the year was 2006 and people in an Alabama community started reporting sights of a leprechaun in a tree. Then along came a news crew and it gave birth to one of the first viral news reports on Youtube. It bumps in views EVERY St. Patrick's day (I personally share it yearly). Let's remember THE LEPRECHAUN!

Leprechaun-black-background.jpeg.01296afa90721f90cff4839ff18df6c3.jpeg

The video led to many remixes and parodies:

The remix above has over 3 million views

After all of these years, it turns out a local prankster who calls himself "Midget Sean" admits that he was pretending to be a leprechaun and some people saw him. 

I really wanted to share this story because it never fails to make me laugh and is one of my FAVORITE videos on Youtube. It really was one of the first viral videos that I knew of. It never fails to put a smile on my face!

Do you remember this video? Have you ever spotted a leprechaun? Do you believe "midget Sean" or think he is just hiding the fact that he found the gold? Could it have REALLY been a crackhead? I am curious

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block