Digital Black Face?

7 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

"South African companies are required to meet quotas on black ownership, employment and procurement as part of a drive to reverse decades of exclusion under apartheid. Meeting the rules makes a company more likely to qualify for government tenders"

Gurl, this is reparation, not structural racism, after being denied rights for so long, the government is simply tryng ro make up for that.

Reparation should not be sought out in the form of discriminatory attitudes towards others. We should be working towards a world where all people can be equal, but where we can seek reconciliation for POC to an extent that we acknowledge the terrible things people have done and do our best to ensure those people whose ancestors were enslaved and who continue to face racial bias should be protected. Why should the government seek to essentially "make up" for black people being denied rights by denying non-Black people certain privileges when they could work on acknowledging what happened towards Black South Africans from colonization was inhumane and working on eliminating the roots of racist attitudes and more on enforcing punishments for people who do commit racist attitudes. 

8 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

I believe racism depends on every part of the world aka yes I think it's possible for a White person to receive racism in another country like Hooked-On-Knee showed. 

This was exactly what I was trying to say, systemic racism from the government towards white people does not exist in most countries because most countries have the system built against POC. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.