Beyonce's I Am...Sasha Fierce album turns 12

• Content Curators

Hi Exhale, as the official ambassador for Beyoncé, @OnlyBeyonce could never :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye: I am here to celebrate the 12th anniversary of one of pop music's most iconic albums.

On this day November 12, back in 2008 Beyoncé releases her third studio album titled "I Am... Sasha Fierce."  This album was presented as a dual theme concept, one side meant to represent the gentle aspect of Beyoncé and the other to represent her wild side.This album was the introduction to the world of what Beyoncé called "Sasha" an alter ego personality which she explained was a character she would transform into while she was on stage. This album produced eight singles, "If I Were A Boy" "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)" "Diva" "Halo" " Ego" "Broken-Hearted Girl" "Sweet Dreams" and "Video Phone." 

Watch Beyoncé talk about Sasha Fierce on the Oprah Show 

The album was split as a two disc set, the first disc includes the " I Am" songs which are the ballads that represent the gentle side of her personality. The second disc includes the "Sasha Fierce" songs which represent the character she transforms herself into when she goes on stage. The album has sold over 8 milliom copies worldwide. It has earned one diamond and over thirty platinum certifications all around the world.

" I Am... Sasha Fierce" and it's singles earned seven Grammy nominations in 2010. She won a record setting six of the seven awards that night.

c60d23295336e434868de38cd46cfd39.jpg

The album was released in four different editions. The first released were the "I Am...Sasha Fierce Standard Edition" and the "I Am ...Sasha Fierce Deluxe Edition" which included the bonus tracks "Smash Into You" "Satellites"  and  "That's Why You're Beautiful."  

The "I Am...Sasha Fierce Deluxe Reissue" which included the songs "Poison" and "Video Phone featuring Lady Gaga" and the "I Am...Sasha Fierce Platinum Edition" which included a dvd with all the music videos and also the songs "Save The Hero" and "Honesty."

0001223520.jpg41c6iGjVtDL._SY400_.jpg

s-l400.jpgBeyonce_Sasha_Fierce_Tidal-1542487594-40

She also embarked on the I Am...World Tour in support of this album and visited countries In North and South America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa. Two dvd versions of this tour were made available for purchase.

517ysy5M2lL.jpg          51bxOd3X3KL.jpg

Watch Beyoncé perform her hit single "Crazy In Love" at the "I Am World Tour"  

The music videos for this era went on to become some of her most memorable music videos to date.

Single Ladies stands as one of her biggest hits in part thanks to the emblematic choreography.

The timeless classic "Halo" has surpassed the one billion views on vevo.

The rest of the music videos can be easily found by visiting her official youtube channel.

Other interesting facts from this era, Single Ladies had a huge cultural impact at the time for it's intricate choreography. It created a legion of imitators that posted videos on youtube. It was also parodied by some celebs like Joe Jonas but most notably by Justin Timberlake on a skit he did for SNL.

It was also said that the album was to be released completely sung in Spanish, as Beyoncé had just previously released an ep titled "Irremplazable" which had done well for her in the Spanish speaking market. Her father Mathew gave an interview where he talked about this project, however the album was never released and no further information was ever revealed about this.

Listen to Beyoncé sing "Si Yo Fuera Un Chico" / "If I Were A Boy"

Today marks the 12th anniversary of this iconic album exhale, what are your memories to this album ? What's your favorite song and video ?

150E3A3A-F71E-4EF7-816A-EDC71672C7D3.jpeg.a50545a7ac3b4baacfbe446499808bf8.jpeg

Edited by CrazyButItFeelsAllright
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
4 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

I did own a copy of this cd and i remember Single Ladies winning Music video of the year at the MTV music awards :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking: 

It was a great year for pop music and queen Bey really gave us an amazing album 

can we talk about how great these performances are? :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking:

That's my fave sweet dreams performance I knew you had taste:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 2

• Content Curators
Just now, Thelegendarybritney said:

me too :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking: i have a secret midnight.... i tried to learn the whole choreography to that performance when i was younger :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking: 

also still waiting for her to finish that performance ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif 

But wait hold on now have you and @Iconic 4 U practiced the Single Ladies choreo ? :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: I hope y'all learned it already cause y'all performing it in front of all exhale :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477278e410889b9073b8

:tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: I think were never gonna get that ending.

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block