What are your irrational tendencies coping with life that you feel actually don't help you in life?

LavEggshenMusclesABCD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CaulkDestroyer said:

Over eating and drinking alcohol to cope with stress and sadness. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

you could get more bananas and fruits instead of bought alcohol, okay just kidding, but i am so happy i never found alcohol or smoking attractive

i would be happy to made homemade alchol by the way

i think it would be healthier

i don't know how yet but someday i would like to make wine. it is supposed to be rather easy i guess

Procrastination :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

When I have like a lot of stuff going on at work, or even like, stuff I have to do in my house or projects that I have on my own, or threads I have to make on Exhale :wink_britney_everytime_white: or even when I have like a lot of videogames that I bought and haven't played / finished, it's like the only way my brain finds to cope with that stress, is just shutting down and do nothing. I feel I'd be more productive by just picking one thing to do out of all the list of things, so at the end of the day I could cross at least one item instead of nothing, but I just can't take that decision, to deliberately scrap something off of my list, because I want / have to do all of it, so I just go with the flow and wait for life to tell me what happens at the end of the story.

It doesn't matter if it's easy or a hard thing to do. Sometimes I'm at work, and I have like these two super easy things to do, and instead of just go and do it, I just spend the entire day doing everything but that, and an hour before my shift is over, or just like half an hour before, I'm desperately trying to finish it.

It's like I'm just my worst enemy :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

But I didn't use to be like that :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: when I was in school I remember like doing my homework as soon as I was done eating, and I wouldn't do anything else that would distract me until I was finished. Or I would do all my homework on Friday evenings, or if I had to take like Saturday morning too if it was a lot of homework, just so I could enjoy the most of my weekend, and no one had to force me to do that, it was just like a natural thing in me. So I don't know at what point I lost that determination :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: .

4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Like, I have none. All my tendencies, however irrational, are all so embedded in me that I just know how to make it work by now. Like, I don't see it as "not helping" at all. To me, they're just extra quirks. 🤷‍♀️

A QUEEN OF HEALTHY THINKIN

i am sweating cause i need to apply it in my life too

Roxxy - the saving queen of example and i am applying that as human thinking

41 minutes ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

A QUEEN OF HEALTHY THINKIN

i am sweating cause i need to apply it in my life too

Roxxy - the saving queen of example and i am applying that as human thinking

I'm also an emotional eater but I don't see that as like an irrational tendency that does not add anything good in my life. I just see it as like one of my quirks. Like, I eat like a construction worker when i'm feeling some type of way, so what? 🤷‍♀️

Perspective. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I'm also an emotional eater but I don't see that as like an irrational tendency that does not add anything good in my life. I just see it as like one of my quirks. Like, I eat like a construction worker when i'm feeling some type of way, so what? 🤷‍♀️

Perspective. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Yes, perspective! I am skinny but have a little belly... fIrst time i had a belly i was so disturbed. but now i like it :D

I don't know if this counts, but when I'm stressed or angry, I go out at night, find empty roads, and I drive as fast as I can. Going 90+ MPH in the dark doesn't really help me. Like it relaxes me and I like losing myself in the adrenaline rush, but I know it can't last because it's so dangerous.

Lately I've been trying to play Mario Kart instead, but I broke my Switch controller because I hold the B button down so hard. :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

2 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I don't know if this counts, but when I'm stressed or angry, I go out at night, find empty roads, and I drive as fast as I can. Going 90+ MPH in the dark doesn't really help me. Like it relaxes me and I like losing myself in the adrenaline rush, but I know it can't last because it's so dangerous.

I do that too and it's a waste of gas but my "perspective" tells me i'm shooting a music video, so what? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

1 minute ago, AmorProhibido said:

I love that. I mostly listen to eurobeat when I drive which is probably the stupidest thing you can do and yet I'm still doing it like the clown I am... 

Clown i - :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing::gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Yeah, something about listening to really upbeat club music at night. It just feels appropriate that you play it at night and not during the day. I'm more pop during the day like the Anticipatings and the Loverboys and at night, like I try to make it as clubby as possible. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Clown i - :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing::gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Yeah, something about listening to really upbeat club music at night. It just feels appropriate that you play it at night and not during the day. I'm more pop during the day like the Anticipatings and the Loverboys and at night, like I try to make it as clubby as possible. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Aw Anticipating and Loverboy are both so much fun to listen to while driving, especially when you're out with friends. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: For popish music and daytime driving, I love listening to The Weeknd :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: His music has that "I'm gonna crash my car brb" vibe that makes speeding through traffic such a rush. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: Of course, at night I've usually got some s.hit like Running In The 90s blaring while pretending I'm in a racing anime. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

Just now, AmorProhibido said:

Aw Anticipating and Loverboy are both so much fun to listen to while driving, especially when you're out with friends.  For popish music and daytime driving, I love listening to The Weeknd  His music has that "I'm gonna crash my car brb" vibe that makes speeding through traffic such a rush.  Of course, at night I've usually got some s.hit like Running In The 90s blaring while pretending I'm in a racing anime.  

I went through a The Weeknd phase years ago and I listen to him at night cause he's so chill and like I don't know, I just prefer his music for night time.

AAAND my i'm gonna-crash-my-car music is mostly Super Sentai intro themes. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I love listening to this while driving 90 on the highway !!!

:lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I went through a The Weeknd phase years ago and I listen to him at night cause he's so chill and like I don't know, I just prefer his music for night time.

AAAND my i'm gonna-crash-my-car music is mostly Super Sentai intro themes. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I love listening to this while driving 90 on the highway !!!

:lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

OMGGG IT'S A BOP :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: I'll have to listen to more of those, it's so good. :neydedance_purple:

I love this one because it still makes you want to eat guardrail with how fast you're going, but it's also one of the more emotional songs. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

10 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

OMGGG IT'S A BOP :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: I'll have to listen to more of those, it's so good. :neydedance_purple:

I love this one because it still makes you want to eat guardrail with how fast you're going, but it's also one of the more emotional songs. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

I KNOOOW RIGHT :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Listen to this too.

:gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised: OH MY GOD ITS A BOP TOO!!! And i totally get it! Like instantly I know why this is your driving music. It's more driving than my driving music. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I KNOOOW RIGHT :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Listen to this too.

:gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised: OH MY GOD ITS A BOP TOO!!! And i totally get it! Like instantly I know why this is your driving music. It's more driving than my driving music. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I had no idea Super Sentai shows had such amazing OPs! :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: And yes, all of the Initial D music is like that. I love it. :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: Europeans singing English songs for a Japanese anime. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

6 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

I had no idea Super Sentai shows had such amazing OPs!  And yes, all of the Initial D music is like that. I love it. Europeans singing English songs for a Japanese anime.

I have an entire playlist of them. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Here's one more I love. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

is Initial D a driving anime? What's it about?

Archived