Miley Cyrus and Dua Lipa seen on secret set today

Jordan Miller

On 10/1/2020 at 9:51 AM, NobodyKnowsPete said:

I don’t care, you can buy anything today. Rare is elegant and honest while Future Nostalgia is good using samplers and “inspiration”, an easy to hear album, perfect for people that don’t have an own opinion and use gifs instead words... Enjoy your “cut and paste” album and flop remix version...

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip::mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

I really like Future Nostalgia but you do have valid points here. 

Pop music or music in general is influenced by other genres, artists, times, sounds, etc, so in a way there isn't really a fully innovative piece. Everything is intertwined. It could be a classic song structure, chords, melody, a particular instrument, you name it. I guess it depends on your views and personal preference but as long as the artist acknowledges that their body of art has been influenced by artist X, era Y, sound Z, then I don't see a problem there.

And Dua has never paraded around claiming that Future Nostalgia is this brilliant, innovative pop piece; she's acknowledged her inspirations/influences in interviews. The album plays around with nostalgia sonically and that's quite nice given the popularity of that phenomenon globally. 

Before you say I'm a Selena hater, no, I'm not. I actually like her music. Rare not as much although the deluxe tracks were nice. I enjoyed how vulnerable she is and how emotionally invested she is in her lyrics. That was brave and rare indeed. I just think the combo of her, Justin and Julia is making her sound predictable and a bit repetitive. Like you know what to exect. Which was the case with Rare for me. 

Both albums are nice. I just prefer Future Nostalgia sonically; lyrically Rare wins all the way. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip::mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

I really like Future Nostalgia but you do have valid points here. 

Pop music or music in general is influenced by other genres, artists, times, sounds, etc, so in a way there isn't really a fully innovative piece. Everything is intertwined. It could be a classic song structure, chords, melody, a particular instrument, you name it. I guess it depends on your views and personal preference but as long as the artist acknowledges that their body of art has been influenced by artist X, era Y, sound Z, then I don't see a problem there.

And Dua has never paraded around claiming that Future Nostalgia is this brilliant, innovative pop piece; she's acknowledged her inspirations/influences in interviews. The album plays around with nostalgia sonically and that's quite nice given the popularity of that phenomenon globally. 

Before you say I'm a Selena hater, no, I'm not. I actually like her music. Rare not as much although the deluxe tracks were nice. I enjoyed how vulnerable she is and how emotionally invested she is in her lyrics. That was brave and rare indeed. I just think the combo of her, Justin and Julia is making her sound predictable and a bit repetitive. Like you know what to exect. Which was the case with Rare for me. 

Both albums are nice. I just prefer Future Nostalgia sonically; lyrically Rare wins all the way. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

This :yesplease_yas_agree_preach::praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

• Love 1
On 9/30/2020 at 11:51 PM, NobodyKnowsPete said:

I don’t care, you can buy anything today. Rare is elegant and honest while Future Nostalgia is good using samplers and “inspiration”, an easy to hear album, perfect for people that don’t have an own opinion and use gifs instead words... Enjoy your “cut and paste” album and flop remix version...

I still have never finished Rare as a Selena fan yet I own 6 copies of Future Slayalgia. Sounds like you’re pressed Miss Dua has the album of the year and is still feeding us well :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I still have never finished Rare as a Selena fan yet I own 6 copies of Future Slayalgia. Sounds like you’re pressed Miss Dua has the album of the year and is still feeding us well :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Anyways, stream Slavitating for perfect eyesight, and buy the hot neon pink vinyl for a stupidity-free brain :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block