POM first outfit??

theosgrlt

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know how designers work, but shouldn't they do their creations on models that have the normal proportions of a human being, specifically the one that's supposed to wear the costumes?

I study Fashion! The sketches you see are the designer's representation of what the garment should look like, it's an overly stylised visual representation of the garment  :mattafact:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, reecejwilson said:

I study Fashion! The sketches you see are the designer's representation of what the garment should look like, it's an overly stylised visual representation of the garment  :mattafact:

I figured that.

But then I suppose there comes a moment where he has to sketch how it will look like on Britney, or whoever is wearing it, and eventually realize it won't look good on her right? Or that happens only once they start making the actual pieces and try them on Britney? 

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I figured that.

But then I suppose there comes a moment where he has to sketch how it will look like on Britney, or whoever is wearing it, and eventually realize it won't look good on her right? Or that happens only once they start making the actual pieces and try them on Britney? 

True! Sketching is the initial part of the process and the possibilities are endless. There could have been 20 different mesh catsuits he designed before designing one final one. 

I think there's only so much the designer could do though. It's also the fabric. I feel Marco could have picked a more flattering fabric for her body. :mhm:

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I started reading that in my mind and felt like Lady Gaga was telling me that

anigif_sub-buzz-14962-1540572233-1.gif?d

No it's very true! In class I am always told that if for example, I want to design a pair of trousers, I'd have to sketch like, 10/20 pairs of trousers before going with a concept :mhm: Fashion Design is a very hands on/technical/intricate thing to do

1 hour ago, reecejwilson said:

No it's very true! In class I am always told that if for example, I want to design a pair of trousers, I'd have to sketch like, 10/20 pairs of trousers before going with a concept :mhm: Fashion Design is a very hands on/technical/intricate thing to do

Gee, I remember when I was in music video class and the professor was like " You will be submitting 10 ideas to the artist and they will pick from there and most likely the idea that you care less about" that was an eye opener to me as I thought either you come up with an idea and if they like it, you're hired or they bring their concept. It's like you work hard to present all these ideas with the possibility it can be all be rejected. 

Archived