Why isn't Tinashe even more recognized?

Jordan Miller

Just now, SuperRhaj said:

I imagine something reminiscent of SOS by Rihanna for Nashe. A catchy, uptempo, R&B/Pop song that she can have fun with on stage, and make the most of her performance skills. 

:thinkney:

I think she's afraid to go that far pop now. She really hasnt been given the opportunity to shine as a performer. She's literally better than all her peers performance wise and can sing live. Meanwhile everyone else is just posing on stage, 2 stepping and getting critical acclaim for their teams work for making them look like well put together pop stars. :disappointed:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I think she's afraid to go that far pop now. 

That's too bad, I think she's perfectly suited for that type of sound.

:yesplease:

Also, I think she just doesn't want to play the game (not that she's wrong to want to do her own thing).  But the way I see it has worked for other mainstream artists, when you're first starting out, you kinda have to play the game.  Stick to what is working. Do the generic, or Popular thing at the moment so you become familiar and reliable. Then, once you've built a strong enough foundation, experiment more with your style and sound. Picture Joanne as a follow-up to The Fame, for example.

4 minutes ago, SuperRhaj said:

That's too bad, I think she's perfectly suited for that type of sound.

:yesplease:

Also, I think she just doesn't want to play the game (not that she's wrong to want to do her own thing).  But the way I see it has worked for other mainstream artists, when you're first starting out, you kinda have to play the game.  Stick to what is working. Do the generic, or Popular thing at the moment so you become familiar and reliable. Then, once you've built a strong enough foundation, experiment more with your style and sound. Picture Joanne as a follow-up to The Fame, for example.

Thats exactly what I meant. Get established and collect a few hits before completely going your preferable route. The fans will follow if its good music.

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

I think she's afraid to go that far pop now. She really hasnt been given the opportunity to shine as a performer. She's literally better than all her peers performance wise and can sing live. Meanwhile everyone else is just posing on stage, 2 stepping and getting critical acclaim for their teams work for making them look like well put together pop stars. :disappointed:

Taylor outdances Janet, Beyonce, and Britney.

Taylor outsings Whitney, Mariah, and Xtina.

3b13d90aa4d05b61a3274107c1cea471.gif

No one knows her now. Sorry but its true.

She needs to rebrand and remarket herself. First she needs to do awesome collabs, then get a couple of soundtracks, do some awesome talked about performances THEN drop a lead single. After that she needs to be able to perform on large platforms. The tonight show, SNL, Ellen, BMA’s, Grammys etc. 

I believe she signed with Rocnation, right? I have a feeling they are going to Rita Ora her 🙄

Archived