Why isn't Tinashe even more recognized?

Jordan Miller

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, the fact that this thread flopped while the Iggy Azalea thread was a hit. I guess Iggy wins as the fave Britney collaborator - or atleast people care about her more. :cutebrit:

Pretty Girls 🚜👭🏻 outpeaked, outsold, outviewed, outimpacted, and out-iconic-edWhen will Slumber Party? 🛏👭🏻

Yeah, it's weird considering the current music landscape. Her music is an awesome mix of R&B, Hip-Hop and Pop, which the GP should love, but for some reason it doesn't really seem to be clicking. Plus, she's super ******* hot and a really great dancer. She has it all. :sobbing: "Songs for You" is brilliant. "Save Room For Us", "Die a Little Bit" and "Life's Too Short" are my favorites. :madance:

I would say it's a lack of promotion. While she was under RCA they wanted nothing to do with her after she had flopped with everything but "2 On". Now she's finally independent, but, obviously, promoting oneself as an independent artist is really hard. :mhm: She has a solid and dedicated fanbase that streams her music. IMO, she's doing totally fine. Charts aren't everything in the streaming era. :tbh:

She’s a talented gorgeous girl. I have a lot of love for Tinasha. Plus, she’s got Brit’s seal of approval. There are several songs of hers I like, just not enough to download or save on a playlist. Except for 2 On, kinda has that vibe of Try Again by Aaliyah rip. 

But that’s just me. In her case, I think it all comes down to a marketing/branding thing. Locking down who she is, in a way that is recognizable. It takes a lot of confidence and charisma to do this and come off authentic. 

Talent is required, but it’s also in how you talk to people, the way you network. Perhaps it’s her team limiting her in that aspect. 
 :yaknow:

• Leader
38 minutes ago, SuperRhaj said:

She’s a talented gorgeous girl. I have a lot of love for Tinasha. Plus, she’s got Brit’s seal of approval. There are several songs of hers I like, just not enough to download or save on a playlist. Except for 2 On, kinda has that vibe of Try Again by Aaliyah rip. 

But that’s just me. In her case, I think it all comes down to a marketing/branding thing. Locking down who she is, in a way that is recognizable. It takes a lot of confidence and charisma to do this and come off authentic. 

Talent is required, but it’s also in how you talk to people, the way you network. Perhaps it’s her team limiting her in that aspect. 
 :yaknow:

Do you think she could ever have a resurgence bigger than 2 On? 

• Leader
1 hour ago, monkeystar88 said:

I feel like they keep trying to force her on us especially with her unexplained(likely RCA trying to pump up Tinashe) Britney feature. Like at the end of the day the world just doesn't like her. She fails to connect each time.

I don't believe it's a case that the world doesn't like her. It is just so damn hard to really breakout because peoples' attention spans on the Internet are basically non-existent (I'm guilty of this too). There is also a lot of noise. Literally. Anyone can release a song because the platforms to do so are at your fingertips. 

At the end of the day, if she's enjoying her career than that's all that truly matters. Sounds cheesy, but it's freedom. 

2 minutes ago, janetjackson said:

I blame RCA. They had no idea what to do with her post-Aquarius. 

It's not so much a case of "not knowing" what to do with her. They knew exactly what they wanted her to do. Because Aquarius underperformed, RCA wanted to make her sound a little bit more pop to appeal to a bigger audience. And that's the root of the problem. They had creative differences and it just went downhill from there.

I'm happy for her now with her independence and creative freedom. I still wish she's signed to a big and popular label tho so she'll get the push that she needs. ❤

The type of music she is doing now is my personally favorite, but it's just not very commercial. I think people are confused by her change of styles, change to indie (which I love for her)... but maybe she'll be happier with less commercial success but more creative freedom ❤️

I also blame RCA. Sometimes having too much control over an artist has negative effects. None of these labels care about their artist at all or know what they're doing, so a small artist like Tinashe was never going to get the correct attention she needed. I'm surprised they tried as long as they did with flop after flop, after flop from 2014-2018. They usually get dropped sooner.

Her best songs from her time with RCA were all "independent" releases ("Night Ride") but were under-promoted and treated like a mixtape.

I honestly think her best lane is R&B and Pop (2 On, All Hands On Deck, Party Favors, Company).  Going underground experimental r&b like she is now can be hit or miss. And forcing her to do generic pop and collaborating with everyone like RCA had her doing didnt work either. Those were the most boring and generic songs Ive ever heard. I think she's super talented, but I think she needs to work with better writers...like SZA or whoever Rihanna works with. She needs more classic timeless hits and then she can mix in her experimental stuff.

30 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Her best songs from her time with RCA were all "independent" releases ("Night Ride") but were under-promoted and treated like a mixtape.

I honestly think her best lane is R&B and Pop (2 On, All Hands On Deck, Party Favors, Company).  Going underground experimental r&b like she is now can be hit or miss. And forcing her to do generic pop and collaborating with everyone like RCA had her doing didnt work either. 

I imagine something reminiscent of SOS by Rihanna for Nashe. A catchy, uptempo, R&B/Pop song that she can have fun with on stage, and make the most of her performance skills. 

:thinkney:

Archived