Call Me By Your Name & Britney Parallels

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it good? I've been looking for a good gay story to read lately, and have heard about this book.

Ive never really been into gay literature, but I want to read something good. Most of them either involve high school scenarios or are written by females and none of them seem like they'd be relateable for me.

6 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Is it good? I've been looking for a good gay story to read lately, and have heard about this book.

Ive never really been into gay literature, but I want to read something good. Most of them either involve high school scenarios or are written by females and none of them seem like they'd be relateable for me.

Yes it is very well written. I have read it twice. I actually cried while reading it because I was going through a tough time at the time I was reading it.

3 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

not a book but have you seen "Weekend"? I ******' loved that movie.. :indulge:

25 minutes ago, WithoutAMap said:

Yes it is very well written. I have read it twice. I actually cried while reading it because I was going through a tough time at the time I was reading it.

Oooh, I could use a good cry. Maybe I'll check it out, thanks! :) 

24 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

not a book but have you seen "Weekend"? I ******' loved that movie.. :indulge:

I have not! Last gay movie I watched was 'Freefall', it was subbed in English but pretty good! 

32 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I am really not into gay movies but this one was cute and the actors are lit.

:tiffcackle: the reach :tiffcackle:

I only seen the movie and its good. My pick for best picture this past oscars. Ofc not perfect like their relationship moving so fast from “hate” to love. In the movie they didnt show them flirting at all until they said they like each other. 

The ending was ofc heartbreaking but thats reality. Not sure if I want a sequel like it been discuss but I would see if they make it 

1 hour ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I have not! Last gay movie I watched was 'Freefall', it was subbed in English but pretty good! 

it's really good and extremely realistic.. it's very raw and almost kind of grimy (urban England scenery and tiny apartments).. it may or may not make you cry, but that doesn't matter, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think I've watched it like 3 or 4 times already.. :indulge: there is one part where they get political which is kind of cringy but meh.. I still love the movie to death.. both of the leads are really attractive as well which always helps! :cackling:

1 hour ago, Chaoscontrol said:

This one of the best movies ever...

2 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Is it high school esque though? Or more adult based? 

More adult based I would say.

2 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

I only seen the movie and its good. My pick for best picture this past oscars. Ofc not perfect like their relationship moving so fast from “hate” to love. In the movie they didnt show them flirting at all until they said they like each other. 

The ending was ofc heartbreaking but thats reality. Not sure if I want a sequel like it been discuss but I would see if they make it 

IKR. They way they went from strangers to lovers was a bit strange. It feels more like a bromance or f.w.b. imo. But cute movie.

20 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I liked it! I really loved the actors and the scenery is so good!

On 3/20/2018 at 10:33 PM, BritintheZone said:

On 3/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, Buslim said:

Love this movie to bits, but the reach though. :ohreallylol:

15 hours ago, Kevney said:

you are reaching girl. but the movie and book are great. watch/buy it. :kiss:

IDGI, where's the reach? I just said that a line kinda reminded me of Britney's verse and I thought it would be cool to make this gifset. Or am I missing something? :slowdown:

Archived