I hate Britney's lack of evolution...

CharlieBlue8

She used to change every album and she seems exactly the same since Circus.  It's like she's afraid to lose control and change from the polished popstar image or something.  Like look I got better and I'm going to stay like this so they don't talk **** about me anymore.  *****, evolve!  Otherwise you're gonna be 45 here in 10 years with the same horrible bleached blonde hair, ill fitting leotards, crusty leathery skin, singing about ***.  

It's the most frustrating thing.  I used to look forward to what she had to say each and every album.  Baby, Oops, Britney, ITZ, Blackout and even Circus.  But since then it's been the same song and dance.  Literally. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny, 'cause for me she's been completely different on every album.

Physically, all these look like totally different persons

Photos-Videos-Britney-Spears-Performing- britney-spears-performs-on-jimmy-kimmel- article-2726613-2090CAC100000578-648_634 28CD869C00000578-3070664-image-m-93_1431 britney-spears-2016-iheartradio-music-fe

And sonically, I think the styles are very different, even if most of the tracks have this electronic vibe, it's still very different, at least it is to me.

She has definitely changed, her music and her image. That you don't like the direction she's taken, or what she's done with the material, or that the change hasn't been as drastic as you'd prefer, that's a different thing, which is totally respectable. If any, I would be more pissed for the lack of videos/performances we've had all these years. I think the "evolution" would be more noticeable if for example we had videoclips of songs like TTYH, Alien, TTB, any BJ ballad, then so many songs from Glory, like DYWCO, Better, CYM, etc. Each era would be distinguished for some kind of style, visually, sonically, but the lack of visuals in both videoclips and live performances doesn't let us appreciate the change she's had.

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's funny, 'cause for me she's been completely different on every album.

Physically, all these look like totally different persons

Photos-Videos-Britney-Spears-Performing- britney-spears-performs-on-jimmy-kimmel- article-2726613-2090CAC100000578-648_634 28CD869C00000578-3070664-image-m-93_1431 britney-spears-2016-iheartradio-music-fe

And sonically, I think the styles are very different, even if most of the tracks have this electronic vibe, it's still very different, at least it is to me.

She has definitely changed, her music and her image. That you don't like the direction she's taken, or what she's done with the material, or that the change hasn't been as drastic as you'd prefer, that's a different thing, which is totally respectable. If any, I would be more pissed for the lack of videos/performances we've had all these years. I think the "evolution" would be more noticeable if for example we had videoclips of songs like TTYH, Alien, TTB, any BJ ballad, then so many songs from Glory, like DYWCO, Better, CYM, etc. Each era would be distinguished for some kind of style, visually, sonically, but the lack of visuals in both videoclips and live performances doesn't let us appreciate the change she's had.

She's updating the same exact **** every year since 2008.  She's barely trying anything new, out-of-left-field, taking chances like she used to.  Slave, MATM, Gimme....I can't even say Womanizer or anything off of Circus.  HIAM maybe?  But other than that she's a scaredy cat for lack of a better term to try something new.

That's not really under her control anymore sadly... and you can tell she's not happy with that (and the dancers too).
Her daddy and Larry know that POM and the perfumes make more money for them than the actual music does (with the entire music industry going downhill... even Spotify and Apple are struggling to make money).  POM and the perfumes bring in easy ongoing money for them, which is why Glory didn't get the promo it deserved. She promo'd it like crazy in the beginning, but her label and team did nothing to support her and the album (there was barely any album advertisements anywhere in retail or streaming services, barely any radio spins, etc.).  Honestly, I wish she could just go independent and give her the creative freedom she wants (i.e. like Blackout), but her dad would never allow that.  She doesn't need the sales anymore, she doesn't need spins anymore, it would just be about the music, dancing and the art.  That would also get her and her dancers more passionate again instead of having to get cheap choreographers, cheap costumes, cheap production and lazy refreshes.  She deserves so much more.

Archived