Britney Spears’ “Break The Ice” Gets A ‘90s House-Tinged Remix By Nick*

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-blackout-outtake.jpg

Hit defrost on the holidays with a slick '90s house, jack swing remix of Britney's "Break The Ice."

A few weeks ago, Blackout hit a huge milestone: it turned 10-years-old. The album will forever get special attention on BreatheHeavy (SHAMELESS PROMO: BUY ONE OF OUR EXCLUSIVE 'BLACKOUT' Ts ON SALE NOW!). That's why Nick*'s new remix of the fan-favorite got a special re-working. You've never heard the track like this before.

Related:
Drift Off To Nick*’s Otherworldly Remix Of Britney’s “Man On The Moon”

"I’ve been listening to a lot of New Jack Swing and older house remixes and heard a riff in the same key as 'Break The Ice,' so I ended up trying a few ideas and an hour later I had a solid remix in progress that fused both genres," Nick* tells BreatheHeavy.com. "The original synths Danja used are great too, so I made sure to make those work for me too. Took me only 2 days to finish the main version and then I spent the next week in between my “real” work making cleanup edits and the extended mix."

Listen below:

Thoughts on the remix? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived