Do you think britney would step up her game IF christina's next album made a huge comeback?

Bris

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I don't see why Britney's motivation would be contingent on Xtina's success specifically (or vice versa); you'd think the continued success of their other peers (JT, Beyonce, etc) would suffice if that were truly an underlying factor. 

Maybe because JT and bey have always been popular and relevant in public eye while xtina is not. If xtina' next album is a hit it'd be a 'comeback', same as britney

9 minutes ago, Bris said:

Maybe because JT and bey have always been popular and relevant in public eye while xtina is not. If xtina' next album is a hit it'd be a 'comeback', same as britney

True, I didn't consider that.

However, I still think Xtina's impending era will fail to have any impact on Britney one way or another. Would like to be wrong though, and see both of them back at the top. :unbelievableney:Pop music used to be so good, I miss it. 

12 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

True, I didn't consider that.

However, I still think Xtina's impending era will fail to have any impact on Britney one way or another. Would like to be wrong though, and see both of them back at the top. :unbelievableney:Pop music used to be so good, I miss it. 

It would be like a little win for us 90's babies, seeing those two back at the top of the charts. They need to teach these youngin's how it's done:urite:

I seriously doubt Christina will make a comeback though. Nobody cared about her last two albums - that's 2 out of only 5 albums lol. She was popular for about 10 years and that was it. I don't see her doing anything that could really get attention. And she's off-putting and the public is onto that. She's respected for her voice but she's not likable. Her time was up forever ago. I mean she couldn't even sell an amphitheater tour for Bionic - that's the real reason they canceled it. She's not a good live act, her videos are forgettable... so what's she really gonna do? Maybe she'll have some luck with her Whitney Houston tribute :slayney:

2 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I seriously doubt Christina will make a comeback though. Nobody cared about her last two albums - that's 2 out of only 5 albums lol. She was popular for about 10 years and that was it. I don't see her doing anything that could really get attention. And she's off-putting and the public is onto that. She's respected for her voice but she's not likable. Her time was up forever ago. I mean she couldn't even sell an amphitheater tour for Bionic - that's the real reason they canceled it. She's not a good live act, her videos are forgettable... so what's she really gonna do? Maybe she'll have some luck with her Whitney Houston tribute :slayney:

I wouldn't say for sure. I don't think anybody expected cher would make a comeback in 1999 with 'believe'. It's about trends and breakthrough so I wouldn't say xtina can't make a huge comeback in the future, same thing goes to Britney.:NYsassy:

3 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Honestly if her ego wasn’t so big she could still tour and sell albums . I mean she could definetly do a residency or theater tour and people would see it but her days of arena tours may be over

1 hour ago, Bris said:

I wouldn't say for sure. I don't think anybody expected cher would make a comeback in 1999 with 'believe'. It's about trends and breakthrough so I wouldn't say xtina can't make a huge comeback in the future, same thing goes to Britney.:NYsassy:

Yeah and honestly Britney has (and still) loads of success even if she’s not the IT girl anymore. She’s about to finish a very successful residency, put out her most criticially acclaimed album, toured Asia, opened a cancer center. 

At this point she should just worry about if she really wants to commit to another era and really try something new. Legends don’t put out Broccoli Juice

7 hours ago, ifuseekamy_ said:

A-freaking men to this post. I'll take my Spice Girls back too while we're at it :lollistare:

Victoria won't play ball.... (And I think Mel C now won't, either.) :wontcry:

(But setting that aside to live in fantasy world for a second, all of this would be amazing--)

10 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

It would be like a little win for us 90's babies, seeing those two back at the top of the charts. They need to teach these youngin's how it's done:urite:

7 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Honestly if her ego wasn’t so big she could still tour and sell albums . I mean she could definetly do a residency or theater tour and people would see it but her days of arena tours may be over

She couldn't do a successful Vegas show. She's only really known for her voice - the GP doesn't care about a lot of her hits and she's not known for being a great entertainer. The reason her albums don't sell is bc they suck. She puts out bad singles with bad videos. And yes I do think her off-putting personality does play into it some but those are the main reasons for her failures.

Archived