"Me Against The Music" turns 14

G L O R Y

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flawless video and performances, but always one of my least favorite singles. Even with Madonna. Just never got into its groove. I always thought it was kinda flat and maybe a bit boring. It needed more vocal range. Madonna and Britney are **** crazy fun together but in my opinion, I don’t think they sound great together. Anyone else think so?

29 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Flawless video and performances, but always one of my least favorite singles. Even with Madonna. Just never got into its groove. I always thought it was kinda flat and maybe a bit boring. It needed more vocal range. Madonna and Britney are **** crazy fun together but in my opinion, I don’t think they sound great together. Anyone else think so?

Their voices together do not blend well :gross:

Tbh Me Against the Music is iconic and underrated. Amazing video, killer looks (Britney slays in a suit), perfect lead single to kick off that era, some of her career-best performances, an iconic collab, and some of the greatest choreo in the history of pop music, flawlessly executed by Brit. I think it just gets overshadowed because Toxic is so incredible, but MATM is a great song in its own right. It's what I think of when I think of Britney. She was a force of nature.

Love the song (even though im in the minority)! The mv had so many amazing moments...

I live for this this stare down. It is everything.

giphy.gif

The way she peels off them straps.... :thirsty:

tumblr_lwhf8tUWrs1qfxq87o1_500.gif

The way she shoves Poot Lovato out of the way... 

tumblr_mgpq3dw3e41qdcxoeo1_500.gif

I could go on and on...

It was the most magical time to be a Britney Stan :gobaby:

9 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Even Gimme More premiered at the VMAs, but it worked :orangu:

Wasn't Britney one of the first to debut a song to the public the same day it came out on iTunes with HIAM? I remember reading something like that.

All this talk remind me of this:

This was recorded in May and the song came out in September. :orangu: Imagine if Britney did this in POM. :orangu:

Archived