It's an Anniversary, *****: 10 Years since she changed the Pop History

Antidote

B3-p63yMXPXcuAeLZZ_kqTCkT4U8HvkLfs-PnVUS

Song of the millenium, The most legendary opening lyric of all time, etc.

I still remember when I did the thread of "Gimme More" here on Exhale, back in 2007, when the forum was down every day because we have so many users, so many memories :crying11:

and then everyone changing their names to: "It's (add your name here) , *****"

https://www.nylon.com/articles/its-britney-*****?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nylon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best song of 2007, Umbrella could never.  If she promoted this right instead of:  "staying home watching movies and eating KFC"  (her words not mine) :truthtea:  , she would have owned the world with that song.  But we all know she was having a lot of difficulties that era, but I think we should still celebrate the song.  And Antidote I can not believe you are still here, I missed your other accounts and your photoshop work. :tehe:  you were her biggest defender against trolls during the circus era, best fan tbh

It's crazy that it's 10 years!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!! I can't 

"Gimme More" is a statement & staple song for Brit!!

Not only did it come out while she was the most talked about subject throughout the world but it also brought with it the edgier sound that paralleled what was going on with her in the media!

It's lyrics, it's vocal style.... "It's Britney *****", which became her trademark!! Def one of her Top 5 songs of all time!

The only thing I would like is to hear an alternate mastered version. It's all there but when I listen too it & then listen to the stems, I can't help but hear massive potential to turn the song into a MONSTER with just a few tweaks & flips lololol 

9 hours ago, Oxic said:

Wait, but the 2007 VMA was on september 9th... By september 20th did people already know about the song? Did yall wait 2 weeks to buy or listen to the song or wat :ponderney:

I read that back in the day songs were only made available on iTunes after they peaked on radio or something like that. HIAM was one of the first to be available on iTunes in the day of it's release.

Archived